What's your PB walleye

• Members
1 hour ago, rps said:

Pike is tasty, but a pain to clean and eat.

I guess I need to add a fishing trip to the north and eating  Pike to my bucket list.  I have never had one, but walleye are my favorite fish to eat.  I can't imagine that they are better, but would like to be proven wrong.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2010 - 31.5" thru the ice in Minnesota on 4 lb line. Weighed an even 13lbs. I'll likely never beat it!

I caught this 31.5" in Manitoba along with a host of 26"-28. My trips to Canada are what got me hooked on eyes.   

July 8, 2010 on Table Rock. 13.75 lbs, 32 inch fish on a bottom bouncer with nightcrawler. The next week I caught an even 10 lb. fish trolling a Storm Thundercrank. I'll try to find a picture of that

Posted Images

I've caught a handful of 28" ers up in Canada. A couple of years ago my son caught a 29 3/4 " eye while fishing for lake trout in 50 fow. We measured that beauty 3 times to try and get to 30 inches. Lodge owner gives a "30 inch club" hat to anybody catching one. We couldnt stretch her out that far. So close!! I havent caught very many walleyes at Stockton over 20 inches. Caught a nice 21 incher there a couple of weeks ago. I released her. I cant bring myself to put a knife through a walleye bigger than 20 inches. Just my own personal beliefs. I will keep those good eating 15-16 inchers. 

7 hours ago, MNtransplant said:

2010 - 31.5" thru the ice in Minnesota on 4 lb line. Weighed an even 13lbs. I'll likely never beat it!

FB_IMG_1582146262259.jpg

That's a heck of a fish on four pound line!

• Members

Couple ounces shy of 10-pounder Lindy rigging a leech on Devils Lake North Dakota, a 27.5" wally bottom bouncing crawler on a southeast KS lake, and biggest at Stockton was a  26+" on BB rig & crawler on lil Sac side that I released to grow up.

20200612_223747.jpg

5 hours ago, Hawgeye said:

Couple ounces shy of 10-pounder Lindy rigging a leech on Devils Lake North Dakota, a 27.5" wally bottom bouncing crawler on a southeast KS lake, and biggest at Stockton was a  26+" on BB rig & crawler on lil Sac side that I released to grow up.

20200612_223747.jpg

Nice mount of that walleye!