• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Extreme stealth would be my advice. This goes for walking and moving around and casting and presentation. You may even need to sit and wait at a hole for 30 minutes before the first cast.

I love Blue Springs Creek.  It is a hard place to learn to fly fish with all the tight shots and spooky fish.  

One thing I will say...I tend to be a contrarian when it comes to some things trout fly fishing.  I've probably caught as many fish by NOT following the conventional wisdom as I have by following it,

Posted Images

• Members
20 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Usually fish a size 6 pats, leach, or bugger on those creeks. Catches fine clear or stained. Madame X in 6-8 is deadly too. Peach colored egg.is the deadliest of all.

I was fishing under a peach colored indicator and I kept getting hits on the indicator instead of the nymph. 

And yes I'm actually going out with Sam. He didn't mention which river but since we're supposed to meet in St. James. Looking forward to it!