May Fly Hatch

Bushbeater

10 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

The past two years my neighborhood has been just ridiculous with mosquitos.  I was at Tablerock all week and not one bite.  You can't go in my garage after 6 oclock unless you want to be bitten all over.  Neighbors all saying the same thing.  

For whatever reason, mosquitoes are never bad here around Lake O.  

Years ago, when I was a kid, they would spray diesel fuel along the shoreline to combat the mosquito hatches, but they quit doing that a long long time ago.  The skeeters just don't like it here I guess.  I'm thankful.   

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Years ago, when I was a kid, they would spray diesel fuel along the shoreline to combat the mosquito hatches, but they quit doing that a long long time ago.  The skeeters just don't like it here I guess.  I'm thankful.   

I remember the spray boats. Now cruiser wakes hydro blast the shoreline. Must have the same effect

22 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

They didn't have kindergarten at my grader school.  But Sister Loretta in first grade was HOT!  Sister Delphine in the 4th grade would scare Chucky....

John

8 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

I think it's the poop in the water. :D 

John

1 hour ago, ness said:

Hah! It sure ain't what it used to be! It's off to the 'Focus Room' now :D 

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

I was looking through old school pictures awhile back and was quite taken back.   My kindergarten teacher was HOT!  😲 

Apparently you don't notice such things until 2nd grade.... because I remember being excited about my 2nd grade teacher who was also a real looker.

Hey Ness!

don't ya think Miss Ness should put Wrench in a time out?

I remember my kindergarten teacher. My folks put me in a Christian School  starting in kindergarten through 4th grade. Her name was Miss Vicky and you addressed her that way. She was good and nice but you didn't want to cross her. I got sent to the principals office once and got the paddle. Remember the kind with holes drilled into it?  My attention span wasn't very good I got bored easy with learning It came too easy.  We had classrooms  that were with short divided walls. You could hear what was going on in other grades. So in first grade the third grade was next to us. I listened as they were learning and reciting presidents in order. Pretty soon I knew them all in order. My teacher heard me reciting them. Next thing you know I had.  to go over and recite them to the third grade class. I remember watching John F. Kennedys funeral on an old fuzzy television.  

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

1 minute ago, ness said:

I think it's the poop in the water. :D 

A big lagoon,

Wrench blames the Mutt effect on white bass because of the stocking of Hybrids. I think it's the water like in the Coors beer commercial and Calvin of course,

calvinpeeingsecond.jpg

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Many years back we were camped at Hodgson Mill on Bryant creek and there was a white fly hatch, I'm guessing Caddis? They got so thick they put out the campfire and covered the roadway on the bridge. The ditches along the road were full and looked like snow. Several cars almost lost it crossing the bridge it was so slick.

Have some dry flies that fish will eat Loved chasing the hex up near Grayling, MI! More miss than hit, but could get really good if you hit it. Spinner fall or emergence is when you want to hit them...Otherwise they are off the water.

37 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I was a young blossoming male and she was a beautiful young woman covered in a habit.   Nothing wrong there right??😂

I’m reserving judgement for now.

Did she ever smack you with a ruler?

Reaction??

John