• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This pike was caught about a month ago below Bagnell. That's the first I have heard of them coming from the Osage, but apparently a few guys I fish bass tourneys against have encountered a few on the

Very little obvious difference between pickerel and pike if you can't see the color pattern well.  It's absolutely one or the other, and I think it is a pike.  For one thing, chain pickerel are not fo

We caught an actual Pike up stream from there about 5 years ago and no it was not a Pickrel. That looks like a Pike to me but hard to say

Posted Images

This pike was caught about a month ago below Bagnell. That's the first I have heard of them coming from the Osage, but apparently a few guys I fish bass tourneys against have encountered a few on the Osage over the years as well.

Image may contain: 1 person, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Pike can stand water of  ~80F , if memory serves. Where I used to see them they preferred very weedy lakes and I think spawn in marshes/swamps. They eat every fish around including each other, so one habitat requirement would be huge supplies of prey. I've read of lakes that they were the only fish present having extirpated all others and more or less survive by cannibalism.

• Members
4 hours ago, tjm said:

Pike can stand water of  ~80F , if memory serves. Where I used to see them they preferred very weedy lakes and I think spawn in marshes/swamps. They eat every fish around including each other, so one habitat requirement would be huge supplies of prey. I've read of lakes that they were the only fish present having extirpated all others and more or less survive by cannibalism.

Maybe we can get the pike to start eating all of these invasive carp.