Boats You Miss

rps

50 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

In my early twenties my dad had a black and red Champion with a 175 mercury. I loved that boat. It was great to fish out and would absolutely fly. I drove it hard. The power it had was not good on cylinders or props.

2.4L chrome bore no doubt.  They WERE screamers. I had it's twin on a 1987 Champion.   That is the rig that convinced me that I needed to become an outboard tech.  That powerhead got rebuilt twice, then re-sleeved and rebuilt again.  Finally it broke the crankshaft, chucked the flywheel through the cowling and I put a slightly newer 200 on the boat.   The 200 never had the power that the 2.4 175 had, and it blew up while trying to pass a Charger with a 200 Yamaha. 

I've had lots of boats. Loved them all except for one.  I refurbished an old Richline 14' that you couldn't stand up in, it was tippier than a Walmart canoe.  Used it to crappie fish and sink brush in the cove that I lived in at the time. I Hated that POS!

12 hours ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

I kinda miss miss my 2008 Tracker TXW. started with a 60 4 stroke.   Then i put a 75 opti on it and had it flashed to 115.    it was fun rig.  I saw so many of the same boats out there and it was fun hauling past them. Love my Pro Craft more for actual fishing though.

wish i would of bought your boat just for the motor sometimes.  I love mine but man i wish i had that motor buddy :)

21 hours ago, ColdWaterFshr said:

Loved this boat.  Wouldn't get you there fast, but it would get you there in style.  Had a certain Mark Twain quality about it.

Big River paddlewheeler.jpg

You can't post a picture like that without some explaination. Is that a paddle wheel? Where's the gambling table?😆

The answer may not lie at the bottom of a glass, but you should always check

My problem is I like all my watercraft too much...find it very hard to get rid of any of them.  I own more boats now by far than I've gotten rid of over 50 years or so.  Gotta have a boat for every occasion!  So I have 14 different ones right now...have gotten rid of 7 over the years.  Of course, of the ones I own now, only one has a motor on it.

53 minutes ago, Al Agnew said:

My problem is I like all my watercraft too much...find it very hard to get rid of any of them.  I own more boats now by far than I've gotten rid of over 50 years or so.  Gotta have a boat for every occasion!  So I have 14 different ones right now...have gotten rid of 7 over the years.  Of course, of the ones I own now, only one has a motor on it.

Well yeah, maintenance on a canoe is pretty cush.   

#1. Store it in the shade. 

End of maintenance schedule.  😅

Miss my 2003 G3 1860. Had a 90HP 2 stroke Yamaha on it and in calm water that boat would scoot. Great for fishing any lake and using as duck boat in winter. Bought it new from Center City Marine in Springfield. Boat was easy to pull, put in, and load. Light enough to manhandle in the driveway or when putting in storage. That boat would float in 3 inches of water. Never should have sold it. Guy who bought it from me was going to build a larger front deck and turn it into a bass fishing boat

10 hours ago, MickinMO said:

Miss my 2003 G3 1860. Had a 90HP 2 stroke Yamaha on it and in calm water that boat would scoot. Great for fishing any lake and using as duck boat in winter. Bought it new from Center City Marine in Springfield. Boat was easy to pull, put in, and load. Light enough to manhandle in the driveway or when putting in storage. That boat would float in 3 inches of water. Never should have sold it. Guy who bought it from me was going to build a larger front deck and turn it into a bass fishing boat

I get it.  We all do some dumb stuff now and then.