K dock area

Brian D

K Dock this morning (967.21), lake up 7.21 feet, normally can launch at about 963.00.  Lake needs to drop another 4.21 feet.  Lake has been dropping about 2 1/2 feet every 5 1/2 days. Should be able to launch and park late next weekend (10/10-11)

5CF93270-3509-480C-B54C-2D4AD0541195.jpeg

9583D4C5-94FA-490B-81A3-3836D286DDC0.jpeg

• Members

Has anyone launched at K-dock or know anyone who has in last few days?   Thinking about putting in there tomorrow, or go to Tucker Hollow.  Would rather put in at K dock, which is closer for me.    thanks for any info.

• Members

K dock ramp looks pretty good. Put In at another ramp but looks like I saw 10 rigs parked over there. Bass fishing was decent considering cold front. Buddy got a 3+ large mouth and we both got a couple of Good small mouth. Quite a few dinks. Mixed depths from super shallow to 15 feet. All on jigs worked real slow on banks near deeper water or steep banks.  Water temp was 65 to start and 68.5 when we left. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here know the name or phone number of the small gas station / convenience store on Hwy. 76 about a half mile back toward Branson from the intersection of Hwy. 76 and K Hwy.?  I want to call them and see if they have minnows for sale now.

If we can find a day without much rain this week we're planning a crappie / walleye trip out of K Dock.  I saw on the news last night that Bull Shoals is at 657', so that's about normal level now and they've really let the water down fast.  Also, I heard an unverified report here in Ozark that two guys caught 25 crappie out of K Dock a couple of days ago, average length 11"!

Except for a few walleye trolling trips around Swan Creek last February/March we haven't fished Bull Shoals for a LONG TIME.  The water level has been so high for so long, those crappie have had a long break from fishermen.

• Members

I talked to the guy at K Dock Marina this morning and he said it's a mess down there-flooding and water is "muddy, chocolate', debris and current pretty bad.   We were going to take our Dad out in their fishing pontoon tomorrow at k dock, but decided to postpone due to the lake condition.   He said lake has come up 4 feet in 2 days and they have had 7.5 inches of rain in last few days.