Articulated Streamers

BillT

1 hour ago, BillT said:

Which articulated streamers would work best on Taney.  I've always wanted to try them.

The problem I've noticed with fishing big articluateds on Taney is getting it down. Even with 400 grain sinking line a sex dungeon or anything with deer hair will hold up in the water column quite a bit with 3-4 units running. I like big double-deceivers or anything with mostly feathers/marabou. They get down quickly, and most of the strikes I've had have been within 10-feet of the bank. Anything in yellow works good.

When there is no water running or low flow, I wouldn't waste your time. Put a sculpin on and crush fish in the shallows. 

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

2 hours ago, BillT said:

thanks, I don't hear or read very much about fishing the big streamers in Taney.  Its something I've put off for too long and need to just do it.

I did it a lot last year. Going to do it more this year. It's a workout but it can be worth it. Good luck.

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold