Covid vaccination

Dutch

On 1/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, Ham said:

HCQ probably does more good than remdesivir and it cost pennies instead of $3500 per patient 

I thought the feds were buying the vaccine. I know states are distributing it, but I think the feds decide how much each state gets. 

the real holdup is that it is a logistical nightmare to store, dilute, administer, document both the Moderna and Prizer products AND the cherry on top is that each patient has to get two doses. 

That's not what I've seen in the medical literature.  New England Journal of Medicine reported Remdesivir being effective, HCQ no better results than a placebo.  This was back in October, maybe there is different data now.

I had the second Pfizer dose yesterday. The arm is much more sore than the first time, although that could just be a matter of how close to what nerves.

Physically, I feel hungover, complete with a semi queasy stomach and shaky hands. They say tomorrow I will feel fine.

Of course, none of you would know the feeling I am describing.

No second head yet.

• Members

Received my first dose after Christmas and my second dose mid-January. No symptoms to report for either round, other than a sore arm.

The four 80 year old women in my life (Mom, her housemate, stepmom, and Mother in law) have not been able to get a shot in the St. Louis area yet. Distribution has been random and wasteful. Buddy got his, cuz he drove his Mom to a site in BFE, MO.  There were lots of no shows so they stuck one in his arm instead of wasting it. Most of the Doc's & Nurses that I've talked to are still waiting too.

Yesterday, the day after the second shot, was not my favorite. Went to bed early. Feel fine today.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:39 AM, rps said:

I had the second Pfizer dose yesterday. The arm is much more sore than the first time, although that could just be a matter of how close to what nerves.

Physically, I feel hungover, complete with a semi queasy stomach and shaky hands. They say tomorrow I will feel fine.

Of course, none of you would know the feeling I am describing.

No second head yet.

Probably a reaction to that microchip that's in the second dose.

Walgreens and WalMart are about to start offering the vaccine in my area. They have deep enough pockets to hire extra staff. That should help things roll along better. 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish