2015 Mercury 9.9 four stroke

Had to take it off and make it bigger...then put the bottom one on...and slid it on the top and that was all she wrote...thanks for the help 

do you think I should worry about that bolt that I stripped?  The other three are tight

5 hours ago, wily said:

It tightens but doesn’t lock down...wonder if I could just put some blue loktite on it?

Wrap a little pinch of steel wool around the threads, shoot some spray paint on the bolt and the steel wool.....and then run it in real quick before the paint drys.   

Old farmer trick that actually works pretty good.     

• 1 month later...

Think I blew it up...was coming up the river...and it started bogging down...so I let off the gas and it died.

got it to the gravel bar and took the cover off...it was smoking.  I don’t think I did something right when I put it back together or something 

You overheated it.   Did you make sure the water tube aligned with the pump housing grommet when you reinstalled the lower unit ? 

Those motors can get hotter than hell and still live.   I've seen them bake the paint completely off the powerhead, cool off, and still be just fine.   

I got it apart...but really don’t know what I’m looking at...does that little brass pipe line up with something?  

I doubt it got too hot...it would start for a bit on the gravel bar

image.jpg

image.jpg