4-9 report

What a beautiful day to be on the water.  I figured the water temps would be in the mid-50's, and they were.  54 to 56 around Orleans Trail.  Mainly fished a rock crawler and wiggle wart.  Also caught some on the ned.  Tried a jerkbait, but not too much.  Ended up catching 16 bass and 1 walleye.  6 of the bass were keepers.  Two of them went 17 1/2, a 17 incher, a 16 incher and two 15 1/2 inchers.  I thought rock snot would be a problem but only far back in the coves.  

IMG_20210409_133900.jpg

IMG_20210409_153134.jpg

IMG_20210409_163240.jpg

• Members

Great job. I got out today also.  Pitching jig with a paddle tail. To the brush bouncing back to boat had several largemouth and spots. 2 whites and 2 walleye.   Same water Temps. 53 to 56

21 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Good looking fish.  I wanted to be there but circumstances prohibited it.  I plan to put in at Stockton Park Sunday.

Did you throw a spinner bait any?

Dutch, I never tried a spinner bait.  Thought about it, but with little wind, didn't think it would work.  

10 hours ago, Skeeter ZX190 said:

Dutch, I never tried a spinner bait.  Thought about it, but with little wind, didn't think it would work.  

I have to fish one for a while from March to November.  It wouldn’t be like fishing if I didn’t.  It should be getting about Ned time down there.  For several years I camped on Stockton from April 16 to early May but we sold our 5th wheeler and don’t plan to replace it.

• Members
16 hours ago, Boobie said:

lmt-out, my brother talked to u at the ramp today while I was working on the boat. Wished i could have introduced myself. Anyway it was a super nice day......

Oh man. Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat with you.  It was a beautiful  day.  

17 hours ago, Dutch said:

Good looking fish.  I wanted to be there but circumstances prohibited it.  I plan to put in at Stockton Park Sunday.

Did you throw a spinner bait any?

Good luck on Sunday.  Looks like the forecast says it will be windy.  That's something Stockton never sees!😄