Out of Stock.... boats, life jackets

On 4/23/2021 at 5:43 PM, Flysmallie said:

Just wait until the shortage of new cars takes hold. 

Late February of this year I found myself needing to replace my old G2 Dodge Cummins.  Shopped every dealer within 150 miles of CoMO and only found half a dozen low mileage used RAM 2500 4x4 available.  Prices were 80% of new, with very little warranty remaining.  Not a good value.  Capitol Chrysler was the only one around that had trucks in stock that weren't burdened with $20k+ in city boy options, so I bit the bullet for a new one.

And it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Just tried to buy a pair of Danner boots to replace my old ones that the Gore Tex liner finally broke down on after 10+ years with my Grandson.  My feet got soaked turkey hunting yesterday and his wally world cheapy yellow faux leather boots was keeping his feet dry. 

Its been a scavenger hunt for 2 days.  New Sharptails on the way.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Trying to find an Ultrex - 80#-45"-24v.  Pretty sure the term "backordered" really means "you aren't fishing for awhile".  All but one retailer said they have no idea when they will get some as MinnKota won't or can't tell them.  Found one retailer that says he is getting a shipment at the end of the week.  Told him to put my name on one.  We'll see.

2 hours ago, DADAKOTA said:

Trying to find an Ultrex - 80#-45"-24v.  Pretty sure the term "backordered" really means "you aren't fishing for awhile".  All but one retailer said they have no idea when they will get some as MinnKota won't or can't tell them.  Found one retailer that says he is getting a shipment at the end of the week.  Told him to put my name on one.  We'll see.

My buddy just got one.  I'll ask him where he got it.

• Root Admin

This is an economics question, not a political one so beware I have my finger on the delete key. 

Why isn’t this called inflation?  Not the shortages but the cost of most things going up so much. 

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

These fishing tackle and marine product companies beat all I ever saw.   🙄 

Why they are seeking to sponsor as many tournament anglers as they possibly can.... while knowing full well that they can't even produce enough product to satisfy 50% of the demand that's already there.....is a mystery to me.  

Isn't the idea of "advertising" to SELL ?

Well guess what ya dumbasses..... You're spending millions on advertising, yet you have NOTHING available to sell !!!! 

So WTH is wrong with you ?  🤔

49 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

These fishing tackle and marine product companies beat all I ever saw.   🙄 

Why they are seeking to sponsor as many tournament anglers as they possibly can.... while knowing full well that they can't even produce enough product to satisfy 50% of the demand that's already there.....is a mystery to me.  

Isn't the idea of "advertising" to SELL ?

Well guess what ya dumbasses..... You're spending millions on advertising, yet you have NOTHING available to sell !!!! 

So WTH is wrong with you ?  🤔

Scarcity sells, big time.

Nintendo purposefully limits the amount of consoles they produce. The Switch was introduced in 2017 and it's still difficult to find in store. Apple does the same thing with Iphones, Nvidia with graphics cards, Sony/Microsoft with their consoles, etc.. I guess it's better to produce a few that are guaranteed to sell, instead of producing a monkey dodo load and over saturating the market. 

Look at what happened when word got out that toilet paper was running low. All gone in a flash. The "get it while you can" mentality is real.

-Austin