Jump to content

Cape fair to piney 4-23


nhornback
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone else fish this area yesterday? And if so, did you do any better than us?

Scheduled myself off work for the afternoon and hit the water about noon. Off water by 5.  Fished piney and Wooley and points in between and just couldn't figure anything out.  Found bucks in the north pockets of piney but couldn't buy a keeper bite.  Couldn't get them to sniff a search bait and I struggle using dragging baits any deeper than 20 ft in the wind. 

Just wondering if anyone had success,  because we sure didn't 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Day before yesterday we fished Flat Creek to Piney. 10-6. Found the little guys. Only 3 keepers for the day. Quite a few small ones.  All on finesse bottom baits. Going to put in at Baxter tomorrow I think. Want to see what’s happening up that way for a change. Oh and all fish caught were less than 10 feet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven’t been in the last few days but your results are about the same as mine.  I have only found mostly spots.  I have had some lmb but slim keepers that must be males.  Shaky is all that I have caught them on.  I can’t buy a bite deeper than 10’.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took a new boat out today.  Didn’t fish much but what we did was from Flat Creek to Piney.  Two tinies ( to call them shorts would be exaggeration) on a shaky head.  Didn’t get out til 10 Am and back off the water by 3.  

 

Loved every minute of it though!

Tim Carpenter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, techo said:

Took a new boat out today.  Didn’t fish much but what we did was from Flat Creek to Piney.  Two tinies ( to call them shorts would be exaggeration) on a shaky head.  Didn’t get out til 10 Am and back off the water by 3.  

 

Loved every minute of it though!

Good for you T.

How was the new boat?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, techo said:

Took a new boat out today.  Didn’t fish much but what we did was from Flat Creek to Piney.  Two tinies ( to call them shorts would be exaggeration) on a shaky head.  Didn’t get out til 10 Am and back off the water by 3.  

 

Loved every minute of it though!

Same buddy that killed them a couple of days ago had a very tough day yesterday.  They would not touch a crank.  Fog and no wind early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dtrs5kprs said:

Good for you T.

How was the new boat?

We traded in the bass boat so we would have more room for the grand kids,  G3 Angler V17 SF.  Was nice ride.  Fishes well. Love the trolling motor,

 

If you see a grey G3....stop and say hi!

Tim Carpenter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, techo said:

We traded in the bass boat so we would have more room for the grand kids,  G3 Angler V17 SF.  Was nice ride.  Fishes well. Love the trolling motor,

 

If you see a grey G3....stop and say hi!

Right on.

I love my barge, but I could see going that route eventually. Better ride in the ever increasing number of wakes, too.

Who runs a pleasure boat up and down Schooner Creek blaring gangster rap on a Monday afternoon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2021 at 9:54 PM, dtrs5kprs said:

Right on.

I love my barge, but I could see going that route eventually. Better ride in the ever increasing number of wakes, too.

Who runs a pleasure boat up and down Schooner Creek blaring gangster rap on a Monday afternoon?

Welcome to the NEW Table Rock!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.