MLF CONTROVERSY

Bill Babler

On 5/26/2021 at 4:47 PM, WWM said:

I just got done with my first event with the BPT as a boat official. I would agree with what you say Bill about leaving names out of the deal. I know the anglers, for the most part, want to adapt and make changes to perfect the game and I’m sure you will continue to see this. 
For me, you can’t beat the format compared to 5 fish. People complain because they don’t like change, I think. Bass tournaments are just that, a tournament. BPT is more of a game. There’s rules you have to pay by aka penalties, time constraints for competitors, and biggest of all scoretracker. You know where you stand against your competition and how much time remains on the clock until the end of the “game”  

I can say that before 5 days out with BPT I didn’t know squat about fishing grass. I learned about types of grass, inside and outside lines, flipping, punching, and etc etc. It felt like I was on a different planet than the rock. 

Had-

Jonathon VanDam

Fletcher (caught an 8lb 6 oz punching mats)

Shaw!

John Murray (elimination day went from 37th and finished 19th to make knockout round)

Kyle Hall 

E0F83B0D-348F-43F1-957E-27B308789379.jpeg

Fantastic post. Really appreciate the insight. Please post more.  

Thanks Bill