Jump to content

18 New Cara's are Here


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Bgctrading said:

Do you have any good drop shot spinning rods? My boy is turning 8 on Nov 4 and loves drop shoting and would like to get him a nice rod. New or used would be fine.

Hey Bgctrading, you might give a thought to the Denali Lithium series. They have a 7-0 medium drop shot rod (spinning) that might be a really nice fit for a young man his age. Anything longer might be a challenge for him to handle at present. Just a thought. Retail is $199. You can look at them at denalirods.com.

ClassActionTransparent.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2021 at 2:05 PM, Bill Babler said:

I'm sorry, I do not at this time. As far as spinning all I have is Ned Rig and small swim bait rods' up to 3/8th. 

Maybe I am missing something here, or just not that dialed in, but you use a different rod for drop shots, ned rigs, and small swimbaits?  Yikes, that seems overwhelming, I use a 6'9" med light spinning rod with 4# line for all three.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, top_dollar said:

Maybe I am missing something here, or just not that dialed in, but you use a different rod for drop shots, ned rigs, and small swimbaits?  Yikes, that seems overwhelming, I use a 6'9" med light spinning rod with 4# line for all three.  

You forgot a wacky rig rod.  I use a lot heavier line usually 8 nothing less than 6, but lately i rarely go that light.  i dont think i could ever get a hook through them with 4# without breaking

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

You forgot a wacky rig rod.  I use a lot heavier line usually 8 nothing less than 6, but lately i rarely go that light.  i dont think i could ever get a hook through them with 4# without breaking

             I also prefer heavier gear when throwing a wacky worm.  For drop shots and small jigs at table rock though, I use 4# S.O.S line.  That stuff is great.

                     I am just curious as to what differences someone would want/need in a drop shot rod vs, a ned rig rod, vs a small swimbait.  It seems to me the same rod would work equally well for all three techniques, but a professional fisherman would obviously have more insight than me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, top_dollar said:

             I also prefer heavier gear when throwing a wacky worm.  For drop shots and small jigs at table rock though, I use 4# S.O.S line.  That stuff is great.

                     I am just curious as to what differences someone would want/need in a drop shot rod vs, a ned rig rod, vs a small swimbait.  It seems to me the same rod would work equally well for all three techniques, but a professional fisherman would obviously have more insight than me.  

I here ya i have 3 Fenwick Spinning rods that are the same and i use them for all 3. Works good for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Totally different rods for me. On my Ned/Small Swim bait rod I'm looking for as long a cast as possible.  I want an extremely fast tip and a sturdy backbone up to the 3rd. Guide above the handle.   I want a rod that will throw a 1/4 oz. bait close to all the line on a 2500 series spinning rid and have the tip and bone to hook the fish at that distance, using 4 to 6 lb. Line. 

On the drop shot rod I want a 6'8" to 7' with a sensitive but much flatter tip. I'm still fishing fairly light line, but I'm only 15' to 30' from the bait. On the lift I don't need that fast tip, I want a lot softer, but still the bone in the back end of the handle. 

I use totally different rods for shotting and swim bait or nedding. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Bill Babler said:

Totally different rods for me. On my Ned/Small Swim bait rod I'm looking for as long a cast as possible.  I want an extremely fast tip and a sturdy backbone up to the 3rd. Guide above the handle.   I want a rod that will throw a 1/4 oz. bait close to all the line on a 2500 series spinning rid and have the tip and bone to hook the fish at that distance, using 4 to 6 lb. Line. 

On the drop shot rod I want a 6'8" to 7' with a sensitive but much flatter tip. I'm still fishing fairly light line, but I'm only 15' to 30' from the bait. On the lift I don't need that fast tip, I want a lot softer, but still the bone in the back end of the handle. 

I use totally different rods for shotting and swim bait or nedding. 

What model of rods are you using Bill ? I need to add a few more Falcons to collection 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.