18 New Cara's are Here

19 hours ago, Bgctrading said:

Do you have any good drop shot spinning rods? My boy is turning 8 on Nov 4 and loves drop shoting and would like to get him a nice rod. New or used would be fine.

Hey Bgctrading, you might give a thought to the Denali Lithium series. They have a 7-0 medium drop shot rod (spinning) that might be a really nice fit for a young man his age. Anything longer might be a challenge for him to handle at present. Just a thought. Retail is $199. You can look at them at denalirods.com.

ClassActionTransparent.png

On 9/8/2021 at 2:05 PM, Bill Babler said:

I'm sorry, I do not at this time. As far as spinning all I have is Ned Rig and small swim bait rods' up to 3/8th. 

Maybe I am missing something here, or just not that dialed in, but you use a different rod for drop shots, ned rigs, and small swimbaits?  Yikes, that seems overwhelming, I use a 6'9" med light spinning rod with 4# line for all three.  

11 minutes ago, top_dollar said:

Maybe I am missing something here, or just not that dialed in, but you use a different rod for drop shots, ned rigs, and small swimbaits?  Yikes, that seems overwhelming, I use a 6'9" med light spinning rod with 4# line for all three.  

You forgot a wacky rig rod.  I use a lot heavier line usually 8 nothing less than 6, but lately i rarely go that light.  i dont think i could ever get a hook through them with 4# without breaking

18 hours ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

You forgot a wacky rig rod.  I use a lot heavier line usually 8 nothing less than 6, but lately i rarely go that light.  i dont think i could ever get a hook through them with 4# without breaking

I also prefer heavier gear when throwing a wacky worm.  For drop shots and small jigs at table rock though, I use 4# S.O.S line.  That stuff is great.

I am just curious as to what differences someone would want/need in a drop shot rod vs, a ned rig rod, vs a small swimbait.  It seems to me the same rod would work equally well for all three techniques, but a professional fisherman would obviously have more insight than me.  

5 hours ago, top_dollar said:

I also prefer heavier gear when throwing a wacky worm.  For drop shots and small jigs at table rock though, I use 4# S.O.S line.  That stuff is great.

I am just curious as to what differences someone would want/need in a drop shot rod vs, a ned rig rod, vs a small swimbait.  It seems to me the same rod would work equally well for all three techniques, but a professional fisherman would obviously have more insight than me.  

I here ya i have 3 Fenwick Spinning rods that are the same and i use them for all 3. Works good for me. 

Totally different rods for me. On my Ned/Small Swim bait rod I'm looking for as long a cast as possible.  I want an extremely fast tip and a sturdy backbone up to the 3rd. Guide above the handle.   I want a rod that will throw a 1/4 oz. bait close to all the line on a 2500 series spinning rid and have the tip and bone to hook the fish at that distance, using 4 to 6 lb. Line. 

On the drop shot rod I want a 6'8" to 7' with a sensitive but much flatter tip. I'm still fishing fairly light line, but I'm only 15' to 30' from the bait. On the lift I don't need that fast tip, I want a lot softer, but still the bone in the back end of the handle. 

I use totally different rods for shotting and swim bait or nedding. 

38 minutes ago, Bill Babler said:

Totally different rods for me. On my Ned/Small Swim bait rod I'm looking for as long a cast as possible.  I want an extremely fast tip and a sturdy backbone up to the 3rd. Guide above the handle.   I want a rod that will throw a 1/4 oz. bait close to all the line on a 2500 series spinning rid and have the tip and bone to hook the fish at that distance, using 4 to 6 lb. Line. 

On the drop shot rod I want a 6'8" to 7' with a sensitive but much flatter tip. I'm still fishing fairly light line, but I'm only 15' to 30' from the bait. On the lift I don't need that fast tip, I want a lot softer, but still the bone in the back end of the handle. 

I use totally different rods for shotting and swim bait or nedding. 

What model of rods are you using Bill ? I need to add a few more Falcons to collection