July 2nd-3rd Taneycomo Report

46 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I had a great morning today until the horn just blew.  

How about some details???

2 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I had a great morning today until the horn just blew.  

Must have been just floating on the lake or cruising.. if you were fishing there would have been some photos 🤣

You mean there are new experts down there?  I must meet these trout wizards. :)

I did have one guy get all pissy when I asked him if they were biting in the kiddie pool lol.  

I fish the outlets with the best of em, but don't be killing the pet fish by banging them up against your boots.

39 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

You mean there are new experts down there?  I must meet these trout wizards. :)

Just about every other weekend a new one shows up. They gain their knowledge in a very short time period from one or more of the other experts. You want to learn how to wade fish, follow Wendell and Mike Curry around, not dippity doux and the kiddee pool crowd. Uh oh, did I just say that?

My favorite is when they walk right out in front of you at first light. When youve been there for an hour already. Then they ask you what you are using and proceed to fish in your pocket for the next three hours. I am assuming this is where the become experts? Never the less ... If you fish the outlets you get the outlet treatment I guess... Is this hypocrisy? 😇

Wow, that sounds like combat fishing.

Glad we are on the Bull Shoals tailwater of the White where there are no "outlets" and plenty of room to spread out.

Very rarely have anyone wading within site of me unless at the dam C&R area and there everyone respects your space.

5 hours ago, netboy said:

How about some details???

Sorry I just saw this.  I had to get moving.  My wife and I went skinny dipping up on table rock this afternoon.  Fly fished all morning.  Not at the outlets. 😂. Dragging scuds.  Multi colored trout crack.  
Had a bunch of stockers and one healthy male about 18”s but I was wading and don’t like getting my phone out, @Johnsfolly😁.  I might drop another one in the lake.  

8 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Sorry I just saw this.  I had to get moving.  My wife and I went skinny dipping up on table rock this afternoon.  Fly fished all morning.  Not at the outlets. 😂. Dragging scuds.  Multi colored trout crack.  
Had a bunch of stockers and one healthy male about 18”s but I was wading and don’t like getting my phone out, @Johnsfolly😁.  I might drop another one in the lake.  

I read that three times and the only thing I came away with is, wife skinny dipping!!!🤣

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity...... Or you could just flip a coin???B)

I think Idoux is one of the admin guys for Facebook group Fly Fishing Lake Taneycomo. I called him out for always posting a picture of his wading boot with a trout out of the water and his boot in the water. It is kind of a running joke on the site and I was tired of seeing it. Apparently he didn't like it because I was banned like Trump was within 12 hours.