Terrierman, eat your heart out !

6 hours ago, Terrierman said:

Veery nice.  Deluxe model with beverage caddy.  Is it the 14.5 HP cast iron sleeve I/C Briggs?

What are you going to name it?  Remember, Forrest is already taken.😎

Why, here's old Forrest right now....  Enjoy your new find.🎯

]Forrest.jpg

Naw, it's the 12.5 OHV Briggs.   Plenty of power.  The only thing I dislike is it has a safety block that won't let you mow in reverse.   I'll be terminating that real soon.   

Previous owner named her Cindy. But that reverse safety thing is her vagina.....and she'll be loosing that (sex change?). 

She even has electric start, which I didn't know about until I got there.  

Paid 500.00 for her.

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Naw, it's the 12.5 OHV Briggs.   Plenty of power.  The only thing I dislike is it has a safety block that won't let you mow in reverse.   I'll be terminating that real soon.   

Previous owner named her Cindy. But that reverse safety thing is her vagina.....and she'll be loosing that (sex change?). 

She even has electric start, which I didn't know about until I got there.  

Paid 500.00 for her.

The king of blown head gaskets, easy fix though.

Valve adjustments are super important on those or they won't crank. The compression release only bumps the intake valve open a tiny bit, if the valves are too loose it will spin over too slowly. There's been lots of starters and batteries needlessly replaced on those because of it.

Ever seen the transmission on those? It's just a friction drive, with a steel brake rotor looking thing and a rubber drive wheel that runs against it. The "shifter" just moves the rubber wheel further or closer from the drive disk, like the needle on a record, works good unless it gets wet. That is unless they started putting a real transaxle in them at some point. 

-Austin

13 minutes ago, MrGiggles said:

The king of blown head gaskets, easy fix though.

Valve adjustments are super important on those or they won't crank. The compression release only bumps the intake valve open a tiny bit, if the valves are too loose it will spin over too slowly. There's been lots of starters and batteries needlessly replaced on those because of it.

Ever seen the transmission on those? It's just a friction drive, with a steel brake rotor looking thing and a rubber drive wheel that runs against it. The "shifter" just moves the rubber wheel further or closer from the drive disk, like the needle on a record, works good unless it gets wet. That is unless they started putting a real transaxle in them at some point. 

And you can’t find a good job??   You should be able too.  Gotta be demand for someone like you.  

4 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Yep.  This is the heart of a 15 year old one. IMG_20210722_195229587.jpg

Figured I might as well put a new one on it, so I got one......But hell, this one looks like it would have gone another 15.      

KISS. No belts to mess with.

-Austin