Driftless Trip Photo Thread

1 hour ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

The weird part about these fish? They couldn't care less about tippet size. I am running 2x to the hopper and 4x to the midge. Makes me wonder why those pellet munchers in Missouri care so dang much..

Same deal on the Colorado river.   They couldn’t care less.  

14 hours ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

The weird part about these fish? They couldn't care less about tippet size. I am running 2x to the hopper and 4x to the midge. Makes me wonder why those pellet munchers in Missouri care so dang much..

It's been my experience that unpressured wild trout are stupid.  They are very spooky, but if you can sneak up on them, they'll bite.

10 hours ago, fshndoug said:

Maybe the fish are smarter than the fish in Wisconsin

I highly doubt that lol. I agree with @Quillback assessment. You HAVE to fish upstream, or walk away from the stream down a ways then work back up. They see you and book it if you fish down. 

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

# Stay out of the water!

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

2 hours ago, BilletHead said:

# Stay out of the water!

Yep! I only got wet when I had to. Simms flyweights and breeze pants from FreeFly made that super easy. (Not sponsored)

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

Back home and back to work after a great trip. Last photo here. 

Driftless Cafe is a locally sourced restaurant in the area. I had a Wisconsin beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes with local butter and cream, and locally grown kale. It was absolutely phenomenal. I would put it as a must stop if you're anywhere near Viroqua! I think the bourbon was from Kentucky, though..

IMG-9862.jpg

22 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Was that a loner mission??

Yep just me and the dog. Wanted to get away solo for a few days.