Jump to content

Petition for single point hooks in trophy section


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

how about we outlaw everybody 12 and over

I would push for 15 and under at the outlets or could even include the more tenured fisherpeople. Basically if you are required to have a fishing license you should not fish there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

I saw somebody comment on Facebook "if we get this into the regulations, how about we outlaw everybody 12 and over from fishing at the outlets?" Fantastic idea if I ever heard one! 

Be a great idea and similar to the children’s only streams in TN. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

I saw somebody comment on Facebook "if we get this into the regulations, how about we outlaw everybody 12 and over from fishing at the outlets?" Fantastic idea if I ever heard one! 

From no trebles to no outlet fishing. That is fine and dandy if the water is off. But why handicap the handicap ? We keep having this same discussion on outlets.  Don't take away my, and several others only option.  More than likely this will be my last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If your going to restrict the treble hook theory then we should make the entire area off limits. 

The people pushing this regulation are literally the same people playing fish to complete exhaustion on 5x or smaller tippet.

If there is anything that is going to kill a fish dead its a 10 minute plus fight on a lightweight fly rod on big water with subpar conditions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, laker67 said:

From no trebles to no outlet fishing. That is fine and dandy if the water is off. But why handicap the handicap ? We keep having this same discussion on outlets.  Don't take away my, and several others only option.  More than likely this will be my last season. 

Oh to me it's more tongue and cheek. I don't think either is a good idea. Keep it as is.

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems to me they should make that entire "Trophy Area" a total C&R area like the Bull Shoals Dam and Rim Shoals C&R areas here on the White. Easier to enforce (no 5 gal buckets, coolers or stringers allowed...period) and then you would see some real hogs up there. 

Here are the regs for our C&R areas...

BULL SHOALS CATCH-AND-RELEASE AREAS: In the following areas, trout must be released immediately. Only artificial lures or flies may be used (natural or scented baits are not allowed). All hooking points must be barbless. Chumming is not allowed. Catching bait with bait tackle is not allowed.

Warning! You have violated a rule we haven’t made up yet.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why are trout and bass guys like this? The trout are raised and released for the enjoyment of fishing catching and eating. The bass guys do not want you to keep fish for the pure selfishness of wanting them there for tournament fishing. There are limits and size restrictions on almost all fish in Missouri. Anything that is legal can be kept. I do not understand the craziness of all of this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Bgctrading said:

Why are trout and bass guys like this? The trout are raised and released for the enjoyment of fishing catching and eating. The bass guys do not want you to keep fish for the pure selfishness of wanting them there for tournament fishing. There are limits and size restrictions on almost all fish in Missouri. Anything that is legal can be kept. I do not understand the craziness of all of this. 

That is true, but it is great to have a C&R area where people can fish for some bigger trout. There are plenty of places on Taney and the White river to fish and catch and keep a limit of trout. The C&R areas on the White river generate lots of income for the local economy.

Warning! You have violated a rule we haven’t made up yet.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, laker67 said:

From no trebles to no outlet fishing. That is fine and dandy if the water is off. But why handicap the handicap ? We keep having this same discussion on outlets.  Don't take away my, and several others only option.  More than likely this will be my last season. 

I don't fish that area very often and forgot about handicapped fisherpeople. No problem keeping that regulation in place. Like Ryan I am not for the treble regs proposal.

Sorry to hear that this may be your last season. I hope that is not the case. Will miss seeing the lunkers that you and your wife catch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do the fish "know" this is the c&r area and if they want to get big this is the place to live? On the money deal most of the people spending money are tourists they would be happy for the most part catching a nice limit and going home. Very few are coming and spending thousands each year looking for that one record.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.