Seasonal Oxygen Issues & Handling Trout, Lake Taneycomo

Phil Lilley

• Root Admin

I've been taking O2 readings for about a month and have seen as low as 4 ppm.  But most of the time it's about 6-7 which is really good.  The gage you see online isn't what the water is reading IN THE LAKE itself.  It's reading water at the point of the source being released.  When the water is off, it's reading water on the TR side with no generation.  That water isn't entering Taney.

That's not to say there might be periods of low DO below the dam on Taney, esp at night.  But I haven't seen it yet.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Sandy and I have fished 6 days in the past 2 weeks. The fish that we are catching are in great shape. They are strong, hard fighting, and will splash water in your face when released. Lets hope this trend continues. Thanks for the update Phil.

The fish are fighting and strong...some were wearing out but time in the water using the net to revive them and they swam off in good shape. 

I had the best luck early in the morning using a sculpin and olive jig and of course the old faithful pink worm. 

I have not fished with any kind of live bait for years.....brought the wife this week and she loves worms so that is what she used....low and behold she caught a 3 lb+ rainbow down by Monkey Island.  😒

C4F

Crazy4fishin
A Cornhusker

• 1 year later...