Holding a spinning rod

48 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Mine is how many casts I make with a jerker before I switch the position due to soreness...😀

Need to build some calluses on those baby soft hands 🤣

21 minutes ago, N9BOW said:

not this way for sure :)

th (1).jpg

th.jpg

spinning-reel.jpg

This is what happens when you give a kid a push button Zebco reel rod and then transition them to a spinning reel 😉.

I don't think I've ever paid any attention. Always between some variation of between the fingers of my right (dominant hand). Different rods require different positions too.

I have a rear seat 10' Ozark crappie rod, which I like, but found the length and grip position to be a bit awkward. Not used to working with long rods. 😁

-Austin

What? Uh, I guess all these years I have been doing it wrong. You mean you don't hold the reel facing up? And you don't put the bait caster on the spinning rod? lol I know everyone here has seen that!

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

Reel seat between indes and middle fingers.  I now reel primarily with my left hand.  Cast with the right.  I reeled and casted for years with my right hand only.  Played cast, switch, close, reel.   Now, it's a lot smoother. 

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)