Clouser Swimming Nymph for Bass ?????

mic

1 hour ago, tjm said:

I tied a bunch of Casual Dress back in the'80s and haven't since then, can't recall if they didn't work for me or if they were just displaced by some other pattern

Oh I think you'd remember if you did exceptionally well with them. 

The fly patterns that I've done well with, more than once, will NEVER be forgotten. Etched into my memory forever. Likely because when I got back home I tied 4+ dozen of them.....and then immediately went out and bought materials to tie even more.   😅    I guarantee that I own more LY089 Mohair and MG089 Chickabou than anyone in the United States. 😁

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Oh I think you'd remember if you did exceptionally well with them. 

I doubt it,  the way my mind works it's the total  failures that stand out, like the Swannundaze Nymph and the Cardinelle Streamer, when a fly works, it's like "oh that works too".  

Rosborough's books were under E. H. Rosborough. I still have a package of  Ostrich Herl that I don't recall using on any other fly but the Casual Dress.

We braided plastic lace key fobs back in the '60s and in truth that might be the best use of Swannundaze, but I was into cutting edge flies in 1978 and bought into the stuff as the GOAT stone fly. The Swannundaze craze they called it a couple years later. It may be that the Swannundaze was size-defective plastic lace in the first place. 

5 hours ago, tjm said:

We braided plastic lace key fobs back in the '60s and in truth that might be the best use of Swannundaze, but I was into cutting edge flies in 1978 and bought into the stuff as the GOAT stone fly. The Swannundaze craze they called it a couple years later. It may be that the Swannundaze was size-defective plastic lace in the first place. 

Yeah it's the same stuff that we laced billfolds together with in Cub Scouts.  😅