SWEPCO Lake

• Members

if you look at the picture on my last post, I marked the exaust as outlet. when we fished,

we caught fish on every point we fished, we also fished several of the steeper banks with good

luck. we caught several fish along the bank south of the exaust all the way to the point back out

on the main lake if you click on the picture, you can enlarge it.

if you look at the picture on my last post, I marked the exaust as outlet. when we fished,

we caught fish on every point we fished, we also fished several of the steeper banks with good

luck. we caught several fish along the bank south of the exaust all the way to the point back out

on the main lake if you click on the picture, you can enlarge it.

THANK YOU

211258658_711e6612c9_o.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I have fished SWEPCO many times the past 10 years, and have done well several

times on clouser minnows, and shad patterns, we fished out of a bass boat in the inlet up by the power plant, and had a blast, I have caught several nice fish in 5 lb range over there, my buddies were always fishing spinnerbaits or rubber baits like a fluke, they always caught more fish, but I always had fun with the fly rod. It would be a good lake to use a kayak, a tube would be good to, it is a small lake about 200 acres, maybe bigger but not much bigger, we also have done well at the end of the lake where the dam is located, there are two water outlets down there that are under the water and the fish have at times been around those outlets, I have never caught anything but bass out of the lake, but I hear there are cats and a few crappie also, go fish the lake it is great, but the boat ramp is a scary one, and you are going to have to look pretty hard to find the ramp, not much signage there, good luck it is worth the trip.

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

www.missouritrout.com/timsflyshop

• Members

I was there in December and they had an actual concrete ramp. It was really narrow and had a bad anlge to get to from the parking lot and the slope was way wrong, saw guys having trouble getting boats on the trailers. also there was a pretty good drop on one side of the ramp, I watched one guy drag the boat axle 15 feet up the ramp.

• 14 years later...
  • Members
On 2/6/2006 at 5:56 PM, retroaction man said:

Im thinking about going to check this place out.. has anyone been? Is it catch and release? Ill take any info anyone can give. :P

You may keep 10 Largemouth Bass per day, only one of which may exceed 18inches. Good fishing, they stock Florida Strain bass here, heated lake, bring soft plastics.