Fished 11/28/05

stirling

• Members

Fished the park from 8:00am till close 4:00pm....tan scuds, san juans, crackle backs....Water is high..saw some brown that must have made their way up from the river, they were good size...had a blast in the spillways off the main holes...caught a 4 lb brown on a white wooley and a couple of nice sized bows. had a nice one hooked right where the spring dumps into the trophy area but broke me off, had to be a brown. What made the trip killer, only 6-8 fisherman seen all day. Lots of breeders released, and many stockers visible. Worth the trip from st Louis.......rather be at taney...but what the hell, had to try the new Winston..:)

Tight lines!!

Stirling

Sounds like fun, I live in St. Charles and have ventured to MS a few times in the regular season and hated it (hardley any fish in the afternoon and no Fly Zone). The catch and release sounds promising, especially with the big brown opportunity. Have you fished any of the trout lakes out at Busch Wildlife Area this winter? I want to get out to the catch and release lakes and give it a try ASAP.