August Get Together

I did well when I first started with a PTN below a grey scud with all hits coming on the PTN. After that dried up I had a couple furious strikes on an elk hair caddis. Missed one and snapped my tippett on the other. So tie EHC and bring me a couple extra.

As far as the hatch goes I am not sure. the fish I saw rising were the same couple fish consistently and I couldn't see what they were slurping. Sorry.

I have spent most of my money on fly fishing and beer. The rest I just wasted.

xfcakj.jpg

The latest Trout Commander blog post: Niangua River Six Pack

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did well when I first started with a PTN below a grey scud with all hits coming on the PTN. After that dried up I had a couple furious strikes on an elk hair caddis. Missed one and snapped my tippett on the other. So tie EHC and bring me a couple extra.

As far as the hatch goes I am not sure. the fish I saw rising were the same couple fish consistently and I couldn't see what they were slurping. Sorry.

No need to apologize.. Your a gentleman and a scholar for reporting back at all.. :)

cricket.c21.com

It was a pleasure meeting all of you and having lunch together and I enjoyed fishing with you Jerry, Rich, and Mike!

Thank you guys for all the tips, advice and pointers that were shared!

Hope the catching was/is well for those of you that were able to stay and are staying!

xfcakj.jpg

It was a pleasure meeting all of you and having lunch together and I enjoyed fishing with you Jerry, Rich, and Mike!

Thank you guys for all the tips, advice and pointers that were shared!

Hope the catching was/is well for those of you that were able to stay and are staying!

Glad you could make it and maybe we can do it again in the winter season. I think my brother even had a good time.....LOL

He finally listened to me a little and I had him catching fish. I guess the little brother knew more than he thought......LOL

LOL Glad he got to get in on the fun too!

I am game to fish with you guys anytime and anywhere you will let me!

xfcakj.jpg

LOL Glad he got to get in on the fun too!

I am game to fish with you guys anytime and anywhere you will let me!

We don't take too kindly to "gingers" round here.. Best just to go back to GingerLand.. :)

cricket.c21.com

My hair is blonde darn it. It probably had a dark reddish tint cause I hadn't showered, just had the ole deodorant bath! This weekend I'm going to go to all of your smallie streams till I find your Tahoe parked and then I am going to take a wizz on the upstream side of you! When you feel the warmth while your wet wading you will know I've struck! :)

xfcakj.jpg

LOL Glad he got to get in on the fun too!I am game to fish with you guys (except cricket and his "pinky" he always talks about) anytime and anywhere you will let me!

Fixed.

Did you get to throw the fly rod any Cricket?

xfcakj.jpg

Did you get to throw the fly rod any Cricket?

Kinda had to... Dang stockers weren't big enough to fit their mouths around the 1/16th ounce pinky jig...

My hair is blonde darn it. It probably had a dark reddish tint cause I hadn't showered, just had the ole deodorant bath! This weekend I'm going to go to all of your smallie streams till I find your Tahoe parked and then I am going to take a wizz on the upstream side of you! When you feel the warmth while your wet wading you will know I've struck! :)

Did I strike a nerve there, RED? lol

I'll save you some time, I'll be on the Osage Fork.. If you just go to Evergreen (Twin Bridges) and pee off the bridge it'll eventually make it's way downstream to me sometime tomorrow... ;)

cricket.c21.com

Yes it was a good time. Same great group plus a few fellas I had not had the privilege of meeting yet. Shame most the fish were about half the size of seasons past, hopefully this trend does not continue.

Jon Joy

"A jerk at one end of the line is enough." unknown author

The Second Amendment was written for hunting tyrants not ducks.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759