Anyone Ever Fish Any Of The Creeks In James A. Reed Area?

Wader, Longview dumps to the north. Big Creek would be on this side of a little ridge between JAR and Longview. It might come through a pond and run through JAR. Neat to know anyway. Thanks for your work.

Andy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wader, Longview dumps to the north. Big Creek would be on this side of a little ridge between JAR and Longview. It might come through a pond and run through JAR. Neat to know anyway. Thanks for your work.

I assumed that Big Creek flowed north. But, it didn't appear so on the map. I'll have to look next time that I pass it on the train. With the recent rains it should be flowing now. Either way, there should be some fish in it.

As far as the Little Blue. You are right, it is very narrow(because of the channeling), but deep in spots and you'd be walking the bank in places to avoid the deeper spots. I thought a small kayak would be suited well on the lower part. Where the bicycle trail starts. You'd be able to cover alot of water. Of course as with any small stream, there would be some, if not a lot of portages. I haven't tried it yet, because it is about an 80 drive each way. But, it still holds my interest. Also, I'd think a person would do well using live bait and maybe a bobber, the first time. It'd let you know what was in there.

wader

creek wader I want to kayak fish the little blue some time also..

I have 5 weeks vacation starting in mid July. The first two weeks in August, I'd be free. The wife have July vacation , also. So, I'd be on a tight rein then. .. However, later this spring or early summer, I might be able to escape in the midweek. Because of my work schedule, if I get any free time on the weekends, the family gets me. ... Anyway, your fairly close to the Little Blue. I could bring down my inflatable yak, if you got a yak. We could work out the shuttle between us. We could do an exploratory trip on the Little Blue, and of course take a pole with us.

wader