Banjo Minnow?

Ok, at the risk of looking like a beginner, I'll give this a shot. I've seen the infomercial a million times and always thought it was a joke. Has anybody pulled the trigger and bought them? Did it work or not? I got online and read a lot reviews, and most swore by them. A few said, save your money. I'm not sure how "real", those reviews are. I figured this was the best site to ask someone. I realize that most fisherman, don't want to admit being taken buy an infomercial. But, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. The whole system is only a $20 bill, but I hate being taken.

wader

My wife bought me the banjo minnow kit. I caught quite a few fish with the system. The weedless system did not work for me the way they said it would, I got hung up a lot. The video on different ways to fish them helped me out alot, i now use tube jigs and flukes and using the same techniques catch as many fish as I did with the banjo minnows. I think they are worth the $20, but they aren't the "superbait" the infomercial makes them out to be. Give them a try, you will catch fish with them. If you haven't fished flukes or tube baits, the video will give you successful techniques on how to fish them. i enjoy that slow jigging style of fishing but some of my fishing buddies are not patient enough and have to pull out their crankbaits and spinnerbaits. Hope this helped.

Dennis

Dennis

Eat, Fish, Sleep,....Repeat

Member: ozarkflyfishers http://www.ozarkflyfishers.org/

Thanks hfdhoosier, I use flukes, tubes, senkos, and most other soft plastics. I have good success on all of them. I was just curious how the banjo would work. It's only $20 for the whole system. The weed guard didn't look any better than a normal rubber band. The action that the bait presented and the price is what caught my eye. I might just give it a shot for a hoot. Thanks again.

wader

While we are on the subject of "sure-catch" baits, has anyone tried the SWIMTAIL MINNOW or WALKING WORM? The action on the video and the concept look like it may really be superior! Now-a-days, you can't even believe all you see nor most of what you hear or read in the paper/TV. Looks like it may work, but they pay a guy a lot of money to make me think that! What's your take on them? Have you tried them or seen them used? :blink::rolleyes:

I am always getting gifts from friends and family of these type. I have never spent a dime on them but I do own the Banjo, the walking worms, and the swimtail minnows. Now I have tried them all and with some success but to tell the truth they catch more dust than fish.

To be fair, I tend to have my group of "confidence" lures that I prefer so that is why I rarely use them. I figure, "why mess with success".

When it comes to lures I always tell people never leave thier "confidence" at home. What catches ya fish there will most of the time work here.

"May success follow your every cast." - Trav P. Johnson

• 2 months later...

I used banjos when I was younger. They do indeed catch fish, but I'm not sure that they're superior to flukes, trick worms, or senkos. They're cheap, but you'll only use about half of them on account of the colors, or at least I didn't.