TR April 18-19

dpenny

• Members

Gonna be making my yearly trip down to TR the weekend of April 18-19 and wondering how you guys and gals think the lake will be shaping up. We normally fish around the dam area because of the proximity to out takeoff point. Last year we struggled to find 50 degree water. Seems like the temps are already warmer than that. Do you all think the fish will be on beds at that time or will the spawn be over. Typically have done "well" fishing hard heads and creature baits, blades, and a split shot rig. I've been meaning to order some jig heads from Dave, but haven't got a chance to put the check in the mail yet. I'm definitely going to have a setup for the little guy. Any other ideas on things to fish, and maybe areas to look for. Typically I get down there and a have day or so to prefish, but this year I will be driving over and jumping on the water. Not looking for any spots or honey holes because I know you guys spend a lot of time and energy figuring those things out. Just looking for some general ideas.

Thanks in advance. I really love this board and feel like I have already learned more about the lake (by reading this forum) than I have on any of my yearly weekends.

Hope everybody has a blessed weekend.

Glad you are coming!

Water is already warmer - whole different lake than last year.

Read the posts in the next two weeks. Note the temp, the depth, and the techniques.

You will do great!

• Members

I will definitely be doing that! Being a newlywed, my fishing time has been drastically reduced the past year. I've been staying fresh by fishing vicariously through you all and your posts. :)