Monday March 1St

Dan S

FFM, that's a very good point, although that's something of no concern to me as I very, very rarely kill fish.

The only good line is a tight line

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

BMan,

That was some great advice, but there is something else to remember as well. If you want to leave the park and fish in the river, for a bit, remember to leave your stringer of fish caught in the park in the park section. If you wonder down stream with a stringer of fish you could get a ticket from the freindly conservation officer.

To the officer, he does not know where the fish were caught, he only know that you are keeping fish and they may not be the right size to keep according the regulations in the Blue Ribbon section.

I hope that makes sense.

later,

FFM

• Members

Did everybody do well? I ended up skipping the Meramec and went down to the Little Piney just below Milldam access. Ended up catching 3 nice fish, lost another one. My buddy ended up catching 2 nice fish. All in all, very nice day. Had the river to ourselves most of the day. Only saw one other person right before we stopped.

Worst opening day ever for me. I only caught two fish. Most of the fish I seen were scrawny looking just like last year.

• Members

Thought I was only one that had bad opening day. I fished until about 2 pm and caught only one. I also did not see alot of folks carrying full stringers either. I was told that they stocked 3600 in stream for the day. They had about 1400tags sold for the day. Was my worst opening day in 32 years oh well tomorrow will be a better day I hope.

Dano

I did well down at montauk, and landed another lunker late in the morning that I spotted....3lb 2oz torpedo male that was about 19.5"... that barely made the board but oh well :D

The water was pretty churned up with all the people in the water so seeing the big ones like we saw the day before the opener was difficult. We didnt stay all day as i had to get back home and study for 3 exams on tuesday :(

Ill be going back down for the day on friday and i have heard where quite a few big ones have still been hanging in the park as of tonight after the buzzer.

• Members

I did not make it opening day, but we camped in the Park on Saturday 03/06. We didn't even attempt the spring and fished the river for Smallmouth. Suprisingly, the river section was not to bad with Trout anglers, and the few I did see looked to be releasing or maybe they weren't big enough. Bucktail hair jigs were working well for the Smallies, but didn't get any Rockies which is a first.

• Members

I did not make it opening day, but we camped in the Park on Saturday 03/06. We didn't even attempt the spring and fished the river for Smallmouth. Suprisingly, the river section was not to bad with Trout anglers, and the few I did see looked to be releasing or maybe they weren't big enough. Bucktail hair jigs were working well for the Smallies, but didn't get any Rockies which is a first.

Why didn't you try the spring area? Is it flooded?

• Members

Why didn't you try the spring area? Is it flooded?

No, not at all. The levels in the branch and river were both pretty low. I really don't fish Trout too much anymore, I guess I just like being in the river more than anything. A couple of nice Smallies don't hurt either.