Stream Conditions?

ekl-stl

Was anyone down at Montauk this last Sunday/Monday/Tuesday? Is the strea running normal and clear. I was up in Northern MO and got alot of rain on Friday/Saturday. We are heading down on the 7th and just wanted a heads up on what to expect.

It was in great shape on Sunday..Lots of tiny BWO action in the AM around size 24....some trico's and 16 tan caddis to...the BWO seemed to be the preferred bug in the AM...Caddis in the PM. Cheers.

it was super clear eric, at least in the park, out of the park was pretty clear too. I thought the stream would blow out last weekend with all the rain they had down there but thankfully it really missed the licking area for the most part. I volunteered for the kids day down there and the lil ones had a great time. I didn't get to fish on saturday but on sunday the river was looking to be in prime july no rain type clear!!!!

If you fish the park.....theres probably 2000+ fish in the stretch just above hudson right about where your dad hooked that monster on opening day. Ive never seen the stream that packed with trout. It was pretty sickening catching them on pretty much every cast! :D

I took my fiance to the stretch above Hudson's Corner Saturday morning for her yearly attempt at trout fishing.. Got there just before the syren and left an hour after while only seeing 5 other people in that stretch. She managed to catch 15 in 45 minutes on a tri colored glo ball slow reeled in (her technique).. They were loaded in that stretch..

I spent the rest of the day fishing with Dad in the C&R and the upper fly water. I managed to land 3 large rainbows in the C&R, one just under 6lbs and two at 4lbs.. Saturday was good, Sunday was the opposite..

• Members

I took my fiance to the stretch above Hudson's Corner Saturday morning for her yearly attempt at trout fishing.. Got there just before the syren and left an hour after while only seeing 5 other people in that stretch. She managed to catch 15 in 45 minutes on a tri colored glo ball slow reeled in (her technique).. They were loaded in that stretch..

I spent the rest of the day fishing with Dad in the C&R and the upper fly water. I managed to land 3 large rainbows in the C&R, one just under 6lbs and two at 4lbs.. Saturday was good, Sunday was the opposite..

Where is Hudson's Corner?