New Tying Video, The Wedding Crasher

Brian Wise

NICE! Should do a simple Wooly Bugger or something like that!

Thanks for the kind words....and I noticed a long time ago, when you get a lot of people that REALLY like what you do....there will be haters, no big deal and it's not personal. Haters just give more views to videos! :goodjob:

Jeremy,

I said a while ago that I am not into teaching fly tying with these videos. There are a massive group of accomplished fly tyers that may not know exactly how to tie a Butt Monkey for instance...they know how to palmer hackle, tie in zonker strips, stack wool, whip finish, etc....but they have never tied a Butt Monkey and they don't want to sit through 3, 9 minute videos to see how to tie it. I will be the first to say that I have watched your videos and have publicly said that, although your reputation proceeds you, I personally think you are one of the best streamer tyers in Missouri and Arkansas...yeah, I said it ^_^ but it is obvious that you and I are after a totally different audience with our videos. I totally go for entertainment and quality video, with a side of teaching. I'm defenitely not "showing off" or boasting about what I can do with these videos....VERY rarely do you ever see my face and I never talk so I don't come off like I am a know it all that talks through the whole video. :D

Agree and thank you for the kind words. I like your vids. You do great work and I wish you well. Just giving my opinion on the subject. I'll leave it at that :hope-my-fake-smile-works-again:

Accept the drift.....<>>><

flysandguides.com

Visit my blog

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that video was awesome. It only took 2 minutes for me to decide that I did not want to attempt to tie that fly. That thing was sweet- how much does one of those cost in material? I dig the speed- no newbie tier wants to try that sucker anyway- it would come out looking like a cracked out, radioactive gerbil. Anyone that has been tying for a while can see exactly how you did that and at least try to reproduce it. Great video- make more please.

I thought that video was awesome. It only took 2 minutes for me to decide that I did not want to attempt to tie that fly. That thing was sweet- how much does one of those cost in material? I dig the speed- no newbie tier wants to try that sucker anyway- it would come out looking like a cracked out, radioactive gerbil. Anyone that has been tying for a while can see exactly how you did that and at least try to reproduce it. Great video- make more please.

Materials on the Wedding Crasher would be comparable to a Red Fox Squirrel Nymph. Marabou Tail, Wire Rib, Hare Dubbing Body, Sili Legs, Partridge Collar (I think anyway), Hare Dubbing over the head, and finishing it off with a hot spot of Glo-Brite thread. With the exception of the Dohiku hook, they are pretty close to everyday materials.

Radioactive Gerbil.... :lol:

I once watched most of a boring video of some guy wouldn't stop talking about himself and how he was going to sell the fly for $12. I don't remember anything else from the video so I guess I didn't learn anything. That guy seemed like a real tool.

I have spent most of my money on fly fishing and beer. The rest I just wasted.

xfcakj.jpg

The latest Trout Commander blog post: Niangua River Six Pack

Materials on the Wedding Crasher would be comparable to a Red Fox Squirrel Nymph. Marabou Tail, Wire Rib, Hare Dubbing Body, Sili Legs, Partridge Collar (I think anyway), Hare Dubbing over the head, and finishing it off with a hot spot of Glo-Brite thread. With the exception of the Dohiku hook, they are pretty close to everyday materials.

Radioactive Gerbil.... :lol:

Oh I was talking about the big pike fly video (all those saddle hackles and hair)(and the bright colors spawned my "radioactive" comment). Ya the wedding crasher looked cool though, I don't know if I needed a video for that one.

Oh! HAHA! The Hang Time could be worth around $327.33 on the black (read black as "hair") market.....give or take a few pennies. ;)

[/quo

That's about what I figured. But seriously, those fast videos are sick- I usually just watch the last minute of tying video just to see the fly from all angles- but I also do not tie flies that big... guess I need to find some bigger fish.