2007 Sow Bug Roundup

Phil Lilley

• Root Admin

SOWBUG ROUNDUP

BY JOHN BERRY

The North Arkansas Fly Fishers will host the tenth annual Sowbug Roundup at the Redeemer Lutheran Church Family Life Center located at 307 W. North Street Mountain Home, Arkansas on March 15, 16 and 17. This is a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The hours are 9:00AM to 4:00 PM. This is the first time that Sowbug has lasted for three days. The Sowbug Roundup is a celebration of fly fishing. There will be demonstrations by over 100 expert fly tyers. There will be several seminars presented by local professional guides. There is free tying and casting instruction presented by renowned instructors and there will be drawings and auctions throughout all three days of the event. Admission for adults is only $5.00 for all three days. Children under 16 years of age will be admitted free when accompanied by their parents. Anyone desiring more information can call (870) 491-5520, email at sowbug@northarkansasflyfisher.org or go to the North Arkansas Fly Fisher’s website, http://northarkansasflyfishers.org . See you there!

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry said that this and the confluence are both must do events. Chances are we will not be able to get down until Friday. This is right in the middle of Lent, and Lent and the Fish Frying business kind of go hand in hand.

Yes, I'm That Guy

Come whenever you can. I will be there . This is a fly tying show and should not be missed.

John Berry

OAF CONTRIBUTOR

Fly Fishing For Trout

(870)435-2169

http://www.berrybrothersguides.com

berrybrothers@infodash.com

• 1 month later...

Barring any unforeseen circumstances.... I'LL BE THERE!!! I'll probably come down Saturday morning and spend the day harrassin' some of the tyers, buyin cra... I mean much needed tying supplies, and watchin' some good casters out in the "yard." Of course if I can sneak away Friday, I'm comin' down to spook Leonard's pheeshes... :lol:

(Sshhhh... don't tell Leonard I may go fishin' Sunday....)

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

...today is my day to be nice!!...

<_< OK... Who are you and what have you done with Leonard? :lol:

I only scare the big ones... The li'l ol' 10 inchers ain't skeered of me and just love to tease me into thinkin' I can tie a decent fly... -_-

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil