Possible float this weekend

mreed81

So, hypothetically let's say it doesn't rain this weekend. With all the rain we received in the last week and more possible rain this week would this have the water muddy, high, and unfishable? Thinking of getting a shuttle to Laubinger Ford area. If it is a waste of time I would rather know so I can go wade fish on other water. I don't mind exploring to find out different water conditions, but I don't want to reserve a shuttle for my gear and canoe if it is going to be a waste of time as I have only been on this river once. Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated.

Matt

I just looked at the USGS  gage at Union.  The river "today" is pretty high, what it will be this weekend depends on what happens the rest of the week.  Without knowing how far ahead you need to plan.  The best advice is to watch the gage and plan accordingly.  At this point it will probably be fine by the weekend without any further rain.  Keeping in mind that the Bourbeuse recovers slower than streams like the Huzzah and the weather report for possible rain this week another stream maybe a better option. 

45 minutes ago, timinmo said:

I just looked at the USGS  gage at Union.  The river "today" is pretty high, what it will be this weekend depends on what happens the rest of the week.  Without knowing how far ahead you need to plan.  The best advice is to watch the gage and plan accordingly.  At this point it will probably be fine by the weekend without any further rain.  Keeping in mind that the Bourbeuse recovers slower than streams like the Huzzah and the weather report for possible rain this week another stream maybe a better option. 

Thanks. Either way I plan to go to see the condition of the river on my way out so I can compare it to the gage for future trips. If it I do-able I will stay, and if not, move on elsewhere.

Matt, I floated the Bourbeuse a bit years back and it can be feast or famine on that river. At this time of year, if you can get on it while it's up a little the fishing should be pretty good. Normal levels usually mean long slow holes and short runs. Good luck.