Fishing Report - 3/14

OK day at the park. Fished hard and caught around 20 in 5 hours of fishing. The water is still up, fast, cloudy green colored, and there's lots of floating moss and junk. No giants but some good quality fish. Most fish were caught on peachy king egg pattern with a cerise egg pattern or a Y2K dropper. Tried various combinations and really couldn't hone in on something they wanted. Tried SJWs, slumpbusters, leeches, and woolies without much success. Had to use split shot to get the pattern down. A majority of the fish came from Zone 2. The action was slooooow in Zone 1. Pretty big crowds for a Friday and the weather was great. I borrowed my daughter's camera and took some pictures. Gotta figure out how to get the pictures off of the camera ..... therefore pictures are pending. PC

Cheers. PC

Cat-

Just getting ready to ask if anyone has been there lately. Thanks for the report.

Me and D-dog will be leaving the house tomorrow around noonish to head down. Plan on spending the week there. Hopefully the fishing will pick up. Thought about going to Montauk for the first few days then to BSP to meet up with another guy mid-week. But the weather report was a little colder down south (?). Jury is still out.

Thanks again for the report!

Pat

blue line.png

All fish were released yesterday. Occasionally, I keep a couple but not this trip .... all C&R. Not the best water conditions at BSSP right now. Have a good trip. I'm headed to RRSP Wed-Friday. PC

Cheers. PC

Thinking pretty hard about killing a couple days at Montauk then heading up to BSP to hook up with the boss. Hate to drive the extra 2 hours for unfamiliar waters. But their only unfamilar as long as you let them, right?

Pat

blue line.png

Britt .... I'd make the trip to Montauk. Great waters and great places to camp. I'd be heading there ... taking the wife to RRSP on Wednesday .... staying at lodge (good for her). Hopefully it's a little better there. PC

Cheers. PC

I heading down tomorrow (sun) AM. Just gotta get some fishing in. Look for a 99 red Honda Civic if you're there.

PC, thank's for the report. I'll take my eggs and newly tyed Y2K's

Good luck to you all. Still haven't decided whether to run another 2 hours. Probably just land at BSSP since I have to go through there on the way to MSSP.

That's the good thing about holiday, no worries!!

Pat

blue line.png