Turkey Hunting

sms_alum

Has anyone ever turkey hunted around Stockton? I know there is alot of public land all around the lake and I seem to see plenty of turkey down there when I have fished in the past. It seems like a good combination, hunting until 1:00 and then fishing the rest of the day.

If anyone knows of some good areas on the lake or that might not get very much hunting pressure let me know, thanks.

Has anyone ever turkey hunted around Stockton? I know there is alot of public land all around the lake and I seem to see plenty of turkey down there when I have fished in the past. It seems like a good combination, hunting until 1:00 and then fishing the rest of the day.

If anyone knows of some good areas on the lake or that might not get very much hunting pressure let me know, thanks.

Google Earth the lake, find the most remote areas adjacent to large tracts of woods, motor in the dark, trolling motor + owl call when they get off the roost, tie up boat, work birds. That's the formula down south. I'm not sure if Missouri lets you actively hunt from a boat, but we do it in Arkansas as long as we shoot from dry land.

• Members

I have hunted turkey from a boat on Stockton and found it to be fun. You cannot shoot from the boat but can easily access hunting spots this way. Check a Corp map to find out where restricted areas are such as campgrounds and State Park. Also consider where road accesses are as other hunters will come in from vehicles and not be aware of your presense from a boat. Good luck!

Yes, give me a call on my cell phone and I will help you out. I have hunted and seen lots of turkey. Took a youth the last couple of years and he killed birds then we caught limits of crappie in the afternoon.

Bob Bennett
Stockton Lake Guide Service
http://fishstocktonlake.com
417-637-BASS

"Our Service is Crappie"
”And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms….The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants”
~Thomas Jefferson