Perfection Loop Knot

Hello Everyone~

The Perfection Loop is one of the best knots to use for putting a loop in your butt section for a loop-to-loop system.

For anyone that might be struggling with the proper method of tying the Perfection Loop knot, here is a link that will be very helpful:

http://www.midcurrent.com/articles/knots/perfection.aspx

An additional suggestion I will offer is to place a drop of Zap on the knot just before drawing it tight.

This helps an excellent 90-95% knot become a 100% knot. It will help any of your favorite knots.

If you are not familiar with this website, MidCurrent, it is a wonderful resource for fly fishermen. Marshall Cutchin's site provides fly fishing advice, fly fishing trip information, fly fishing gear and media reviews, and excerpts of the best fly fishing literature. It does not have a discussion board.

Hope this is helpful.

Bill

Bill Butts

Springfield MO

"So many fish, so little time"

• 3 months later...

I have tried off and on to tie this knot for years with absolutely zero success. Finally, this video comes along and I still can't tie the friggin thing! Good thing I tie a mean surgeons knot

Thanks for the tip sc-but I got so angry at myself for not being able to get my four thumbs out of the way I went to every site I could think of. Finally went to faol and figured it out on the non-animated version. Can't believe somethin that easy could be so hard

I have tried off and on to tie this knot for years with absolutely zero success. Finally, this video comes along and I still can't tie the friggin thing! Good thing I tie a mean surgeons knot

Don't feel bad. I've seen this animation before and I still have problems with the knot. I can kind of tie it. But I can't get the finished loop small enough for my tastes and when I do get it small enough it doesn't hold.

Greg

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it" - Koos Brandt

Greg Mitchell