Smallmouth Bass Record

• Members

I was told once that timing of the white bass spring spawning run coinsides when the the first big bloom of dandelions comes on. I suppose its like the old saying of timing the crappie spawn with the red buds. Any truth or experiance along those lines?

As I mentioned at the seminar on Tue. evening, about 25 years ago some local guy on the James River told me the PEAK of the White Bass run would coincide with the peak of the Dogwood bloom. I thought, right!

I've watched every year, and it is almost exactly that time.

The key is temperature and daylight hours are apparently a common denominator for the Whites and Dogwoods.

And, it will be a little different around each river, since temps will vary.

The peak of the Dogwoods will be different on the Sac Rivers, the James, the Kings, and the White and War Eagle in AR. Slightly different latitude.

I'll try to make it a point to notice whether the dandelions are blooming at the peak of the Whites running.

Bill Butts

Springfield MO

"So many fish, so little time"

Morels that is.. Missouri Gold~!

Soak for an hour, pan seared in a cracker blanket with a little olive oil & salt and pepper. Add a good steak and baked tater. Priceless!

That's good eating!

Missouri Morels

cheers - Brian

Just once I wish a trout would wink at me!

ozarkflyfisher@gmail.com

I'm the guy wearing the same Simms longbilled hat for 10 years now.

• Root Admin

If you do that, try the Neals Bluff area or Houseman's Landing. Use small sluggos, jigs, roadrunners, blue floating rebel minnows, swimming minnows. When? Anywhere from April 6 till April 30. Look to the Dogwood Trees!

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Gentelmen,

Now since we are on the subject of white bass, I just moved to south of St. Louis from Springfield. I miss the James, Beaver, Swan, Little Sac, etc. Anyway could anybody give me some information on white bass fishing on the east side of the state particularly areas to wade and fly fish. I'm thinking there has got to be some possibilites on the Black River which flows into Clearwater but I have not had a chance to research it yet.

Darren Sadler "Fishing is an Education...Often the fish 'school' me, yet I do not complain. I just keep going to class!"