25 Pound Brown Caught

Laker67, you are right on sir. SOME of the comments made by SOME of the flyfishermen (I am holding my finger to the tip of my nose and pressing it upward) on this thread are prime examples of why I have been known to raise my 30HP Jet motor up slightly out of the water and send a 40 foot rooster tail in their general direction. SOME of you act like the rivers are YOURS...last time I checked, whether you keep the fish or not (and I don't) everyone pays the same price for a license.

Congratulations Mr. Rick on catching what most of us dream about. Congratulations for being made to feel like crap for keeping it by a group of self righteous do-gooders even though you bought a license, caught it by legal means, and landed it on 6lb test line.

My question is, why even throw your "two cents" in on what "you would have done in the situation" and belittle what the man has accomplished? It is not going to change what happened, it only takes away from they way this guy feels about his trophy. I mean, the guy said he would have had a replica made, had he known that was an option. What more do you want, his firstborn to be released into the water as a replacement?

I would encourage all the C&R Nazi's to take a breather, pull the lace panties out of their butts, and offer the gentleman a sincere congratulations with no strings attached about, "what you would have done in the situation," because, frankly, it doesn't matter what you would have done in the situation because you weren't in the situation. Had you been in the situation you could have all gotten together for your weekly C&R pancake breakfast and let everyone slap you on the butt for a job well done and tell you what a "steward," and "great example," and "incredible conservationist" you are.

Keep in mind I can't remember the last time I actually kept a trout.

Done. I am so over this discussion.

Clay Goforth=4px>

Trophy Anglers Guild

www.TrophyAnglersGuild.com

"Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold; the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul."

- Democritus

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all done. We are not going to continue in this vain of discussion and continue to take away from the gentleman's fine catch. If you want to discuss the merits of c and r vs keep or if you want to bash each other's method of fishing take it to the General Chat forum.

This topic is closed.

Dano

Glass Has Class

"from the laid back lane in the Arkansas Ozarks"