Its Spring! Time To Float!

Chief Grey Bear

I could make it to a float on Saturday.

I haven't floated around the Springfield area, but any new water is always fun.

Fishin

Jeremy Dodson

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I was thinking I could go on and drive down to the Shoal Creek area--it's only an hour or so from Springfield? Wife will be busy all day in Springfield so I've got the whole day free. I've never floated any of the SW MO streams other than the James. Shoal Creek or maybe Flat Creek would be great. Let me know what you guys think. I can either bring a tandem or a solo canoe.

Al,

Pick one and we will float. I haven't floated the flat creek yet, I think some of the access points would be easy to locate tho.

It sounds like a nice creek.

Shoal creek is just right down the road from here.

Buzz or anybody else want to go floating?

I have a kayak I can use or a short 2 person canoe.

Fishin

Jeremy Dodson

Hey guys, I've been trying to move a few things around so that I can make it Saturday. I'm not done yet. I'll let you know soon. I would really enjoy meeting and fishing with you Al. Fishin', you know I enjoy fishing with you. LOL. Al, I really want to show you Shoal Creek, I think you would really enjoy it. When do you leave for Springfield? I'll have an answer before you leave.

Buzz

If fishing was easy it would be called catching.

You guys are killing me. I've been in North Carolina all week and don't get home until late Friday. There ain't no way the wife is going to let me out. I think everyone would jump at a chance to float and fish with Al.

Al, if they talk you into Shoal, enjoy it. But when you get a chance to head back this way give me a holler and we will fish Flat Creek. You won't be disappointed.

Good luck guys.

Okay, guys, Shoal Creek it is. Let me know where to meet you...I'll leave for Springfield Friday afternoon and get there in the evening. Can meet you around 9 AM Saturday. I'll just bring my solo canoe, but will have a vehicle that can carry two canoes for the shuttle if necessary. FishinSW, I'm PMing you with my cell phone number.

Al,

Got the PM, and sent one back. Looking forward to meeting you and doing some fishing.

Fishin

Jeremy Dodson

• Members

If you got room for one more boat I would love to tag along. Not 100% sure I can make it yet but if you give the location and time I can do my best.

Al,

I am not sure if you remember me or not but I fished with you about 4 years ago at a Smallmouth rodeo. A buddy of mine and I were on a week long fishing trip and had just come from the Maramec river. You and a guy that I just know as Texas Kelly and my friend and I fished the Reubadeux (not sure if I spelled it correctly) river. Didn't catch much that day but sure had a good time hearing some of your stories.

CDC,

Your welcome to come along.

I was figuring on meeting at 9am Sat. at Lime Kiln. The same float we were planning earlier before we had the snow :angry:

Fishin

Jeremy Dodson