Eagles Are On The Lake

jeb

After the south wind picked up yesterday morning, the eagles were out soaring. I saw one group of 3 mature bald eagles over Avoca Hollow. 2 of them were putting on quite a show, chasing each other around. Cool to see all of them right now. I know they over winter in big numbers over on Swepco Lake and I saw them almost everyday of my 2 months fishing in Wisc this summer. But I just never get tired of seeing them.

Fishing was so-so. Biggest fish was a 2+lb spot, on topwater. Not exactly jumping in the boat.

John B

08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha

That's cool!

So what's the deal with fish lately? No one is having much luck. I thought the fish would be biting well in the back of creeks in water temps around 50-70. I've always had mixed results in the fall anyway but nobody is having much luck right now.

Any thoughts?

Bald eagles over Beaver is a very good sign of they're recovery.

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

Yeah, I've been a little disappointed with the fishing lately, too. I expected them to be feeding heavier. I keep hoping it'll pick up as the water continues to cool. I've had a couple of decent days lately, and some really slow ones. Water temp was 58-60 in the mid-lake areas. Been throwing spinnerbaits, square bill cranks, spoons, C-rigs on points, shakey head, jigs, topwater, suspending jerk baits, etc. Backs of coves, cove mouths, points, etc. Nothing is really producing big numbers for me. I see a lot of active fish in places, but hard to get them to bite. I wonder if there is just so much natural bait that they aren't chasing much? I've been charging HUGE bait balls, too.

John B

08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha