Nov. 7Th

• Members

I've been thinking that I'd put a lot more stock in fishing reports when I saw a bad one. Well, I went out Sunday and waded above patrick. I got a new rod and wanted to throw some streamers. The CFS was about 300 and the sky was blue and clear. I'm sure the fish were a little spooky and the big hairy ugly crap i was throwing wasn't exactly subtle. My dad tried princes rubber legs and a caddis emerger. We were both skunked. I was suprised I didn't even move a single fish. It was an absolutely beautiful day, though. There were a ton of white caddis egg layers flying around and a good hatch of midges. I didn't really see many fish moving around at all. It was interesting to actually see the river structure at low water.

I've been thinking that I'd put a lot more stock in fishing reports when I saw a bad one. Well, I went out Sunday and waded above patrick. I got a new rod and wanted to throw some streamers. The CFS was about 300 and the sky was blue and clear. I'm sure the fish were a little spooky and the big hairy ugly crap i was throwing wasn't exactly subtle. My dad tried princes rubber legs and a caddis emerger. We were both skunked. I was suprised I didn't even move a single fish. It was an absolutely beautiful day, though. There were a ton of white caddis egg layers flying around and a good hatch of midges. I didn't really see many fish moving around at all. It was interesting to actually see the river structure at low water.

...but it ain't about the catchin' right? The fact you were doing something you enjoyed and with your dad to boot outweighs it all in my book.Dano

Ditto to what Dano said.

I still haven't fished the White yet. One of these days I will have the extra coin for gas and licenses and the time to just keep on trucking past Taney.

I have spent most of my money on fly fishing and beer. The rest I just wasted.

xfcakj.jpg

The latest Trout Commander blog post: Niangua River Six Pack

I still haven't fished the White yet. One of these days I will have the extra coin for gas and licenses and the time to just keep on trucking past Taney.

You may be thinking of the White in Arkansas, this is the NFoW in Missouri, no new licenses needed. Different style different results from tailwaters, if I put up all my bad fishing reports for this river no one would come here. Might not be a bad idea since I'm not a guide!

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

Doh! Yeah I never have been able to keep them straight, and haven't fished either. And yes I was referencing the AR licenses. I will have to do some research on public accesses down your way!

I have spent most of my money on fly fishing and beer. The rest I just wasted.

xfcakj.jpg

The latest Trout Commander blog post: Niangua River Six Pack