Unfishable?

I was thinking of heading down to Maramec tommorrow to avoid having to drive the extra ways down to the Current. Anybody been down there since the rain? I know the Red Ribbon will be unfishable, but does the spring branch have enough clarity to be worth the trip?

I fished it the day before Thanksgiving and it was extremely low---the lowest I have ever seen it. It was also mossy, and when I got home, I begged my wife to never allow me to go there again. Make the drive to the Current! i am so finished with the Meramec. But since it was so low, I cannot imagine that it is "unfishable".

I would only be able to guess, sometimes the spring water takes a few days to get cloudy after rains. Give us a report if you go.

The only good line is a tight line

I would only be able to guess, sometimes the spring water takes a few days to get cloudy after rains. Give us a report if you go.

Seeing as how Maramec is almost right on the way to the Current, I'll stop by and see how it's looking. If it looks bad, I'll just keep driving.

I fished it for two hours on Sunday and cleaned up. Didn't catch anything big, but I was just playing around in jeans and tennis shoes. The water a up just a hair and a little cloudy, about right for what I like. Not to be that guy, but once you figure it out, the park and red ribbon section are really a lot of fun in the winter. Won't catch me dead in there during the regular season though.

Cute animals taste better.