Hello

Leo79928

• Members

Hello fellow anglers

My name is Austin and Im currently attending Maryville University to become a nurse. Smartest decision I have made in my entire life so far considering there are less that 300 guys and more than 3000 girls, a ratio I have grown to enjoy. Anyways, I taught myself to fly fish a long time ago, maybe 10 years ago and I am ok now at casting. I also taught myself how to tie flies when I was about 10 years old, I am 18 now and I took a break from tying flies because my customers learned how to keep them out of the trees. I have had people "strangers" come to my house from Illionis, about a two hour drive just to look at or purchase a couple dozen flies so I consider myself to be pretty good for self-taught. My dad, brother, and my self usually go to maremec springs to trout fish a couple times a year. We have never tried any other trout parks or streams considering my brother is handicapped from Cerebral Palsy since birth. My brother is the foundation for me pursuing a career as a male nurse because he and his friends have really shaped and tuned my life in a way that I can help others seeing what they endure day in and day out. If my brother wasn't handicapped then I wouldn't even think twice about being a male nurse. However, there is just something about being the only guy (straight) surrounded by at least 30 girls everday, everyclass...I wonder why I fly fish so much when I can go to my college becuase there is more fish there :) I hope to meet and fly fish with any and all who would want to share some experience on the stream and have a great time.

Slow is smooth...smooth is fast

Ah, welcome... The forum could always use a nurse..

If my brother wasn't handicapped then I wouldn't even think twice about being a male nurse

But.. But.. What about the ratio you mentioned?

Seriously though, welcome to the forum... If you ever get down to Bennett feel free to check in on me... :)

cricket.c21.com

Welcome Focker. :) I have several male friends who have recently become or are becoming nurses and anymore I don't think it is considered a female position. A great profession in a much needed area good career decision in an area that really can make a difference. You need to get your brother down to Dry Run Creek at Norfork Dam, great handicap accessible area (although you can't fish) but your brother would have a chance to catch some fish the rest of us only dream about. Good to have you on the forum, and I'm sure you're probably getting tired of the Focker joke so I apologize.

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

• Members

Welcome Focker. :) I have several male friends who have recently become or are becoming nurses and anymore I don't think it is considered a female position. A great profession in a much needed area good career decision in an area that really can make a difference. You need to get your brother down to Dry Run Creek at Norfork Dam, great handicap accessible area (although you can't fish) but your brother would have a chance to catch some fish the rest of us only dream about. Good to have you on the forum, and I'm sure you're probably getting tired of the Focker joke so I apologize.

Yeah the jokes are getting preeeeetty old but I get a good laugh every once in a while...but I got more than 30 girls in each class to keep me company, so I'm not too worried about the jokes. However, there is one guy in my nursing class that is not attracted to girls which I'm fine with as long as he keeps his hands to himself = no problems. I very much appreciate your recomendation for the Dry Run Creek for my brother. My brother just turned 21 this september...an very impressive milestone for a person with his condition. At the parks he usually limits out faster than I do and he has an absolute blast every time. Another part of my decision to enter this career path was the fact that I'm happy when others around me are happy. I have more than enough charisma, and the disposition to become a nurse considering I like to make people smile, laugh, and enjoy life the way it was given to them. On the other hand, wiping up crap and cleaning people are things that I WILL try to avoid even though nurses are very well compensated to do so :rolleyes:

Slow is smooth...smooth is fast