What A Day

flytyer57

I took the yak out to Lake Norfork today. I launched at the Pigeon Creek area at about 10 AM. I went up into the creek arm past the bridge. I started trolling a Rapala Shallow Shad Rap along the south side. I had one hit as I rounded the corner to the left way in the back where you can no longer see the bridge. I don't know what it was.

I decided to troll across to the other side and head back down to the bridge. I picked up one small white bass on the same bait. This fish hit in about 30' of water. I then trolled down halfway to a good looking little bay. I anchored and made a few casts before deciding to tie on a deeper diving crankbait. I didn't get anything in the bay so I trolled back up the creek arm along the north side of the creek. I turned around at the bend and started trolling back toward the bridge when I caught a nice crappie just before that little bay. I tried trolling a the area a few more times and had a few hits but they got off before I could grab the rod from the holder.

It was getting to be around noon when I decided I had enough for one day. The sun was getting a bit intolerable and I was getting tired trying to paddle against the wind.

Next time I decide to go out there, I ain't gonna go when it's so hot out. Gonna have to try heading out earlier in the day next time.

And I will not forget to bring along some dang crappie jigs so I can cast them into the flooded trees where those crappies seemed to have been!!!!

There's a fine line between fishing and sitting there looking stupid.