Montauk Report

shortfish

• Members

I spent Sunday, Monday and Tuesday fishing in the park. The stream was in great shape. Weather was ok. Had a few brief showers then it heated right back up. I got there late Sunday and I wasn't going to fish but it was hot so I bought a tag and did some wet wading down through loop 1 through 3. I was using rooster tails in the deep holes and glow balls in the rapids. Didn't catch anything, just a couple of light hits. Went up to the spring on Monday after the rain and caught a bunch of stocker size. I did keep two for dinner. I cooked these right over the fire on my hotdog fork. I ate the skin and all. Man that was good. Sunday I fished near the campground and caught a few to take home. Same recipe, rooster tails and jigs and balls. The park is in the best shape I have seen in a couple of years. Going back down in September.

I spent Sunday, Monday and Tuesday fishing in the park. The stream was in great shape. Weather was ok. Had a few brief showers then it heated right back up. I got there late Sunday and I wasn't going to fish but it was hot so I bought a tag and did some wet wading down through loop 1 through 3. I was using rooster tails in the deep holes and glow balls in the rapids. Didn't catch anything, just a couple of light hits. Went up to the spring on Monday after the rain and caught a bunch of stocker size. I did keep two for dinner. I cooked these right over the fire on my hotdog fork. I ate the skin and all. Man that was good. Sunday I fished near the campground and caught a few to take home. Same recipe, rooster tails and jigs and balls. The park is in the best shape I have seen in a couple of years. Going back down in September.

Sounds like a nice time. Thanks for the report.