Tablerock Catfishin'

rex

• Members

Is there anyone out there that fishes table rock for cats on a regular basis? I have caught some down there when i was bass fishing, good size, but totally by accident(they did eat well). What seems to work best? Jug fishing, trotline, rod and reel? Bait, locations, etc. Any tips would be appreciated.

Rod and reel can work great. I prefer using chicken liver for channel cats and small live shad for blues and flathead. I have best luck in 20-40 fow with real deep water near by. Hope that helps

• Members

For rod and reel: Catch yourself some small blue-gills (3 or 4 inches) and cut them up. First chop off the head and hook it up through the lips. Fillet the body in half and hook those up. Make sure to use c-hooks. I'll catch channels and flat heads doing this. If your getting hits but no hookups, you're bait is too large for the smaller channel cats mouth... no worries for flat heads. Go out around 7 and fish until dark. I quit at 10... only because I'm lazy. On Monday I caught a 6.5 lb channel doing this off of my dock in 25 ft of water.