How's The Bass Bite Been?

johnm

I almost always fish table rock but am thinking about taking my dad to loz tomorrow for a one day trip by linn creek area... How's the bass bite been? Also what depth?

I haven't been to LOZ for a little while but the bite seems to have slowed a little bit from what it was a few weeks ago. Still, I've heard multiple people say that the fishing has never been better overall down there.

http://www.724outdoors.com/Fishing/tournament_results.asp?TournID=6265

http://www.724outdoors.com/Fishing/journal_detail.asp?wID=2776&iArticleID=8202

I didn't even think to check 724 outdoors, were used to tough fishing at tr. I guess we will give it a shot! Love to fish thanks buddy

I haven't been down since Memorial Day, but from what I've read, the bass bite has tapered off a little bit in the past couple weeks and the lake is still fishing pretty good. That tells you how good it was this Spring/Early Summer. It sounds like the bigger fish (4-6 lbs) are getting fewer and farther between, but limits of 2-3 lbers are still relatively easy to catch.

10" Worms, Brush Hogs, Football Jigs and Medium to Deep Diving Crankbaits are what I've heard as the top producing baits. Brush piles and off shore structure is where you want to be fishing in the summer, so pay attention to your sonar. Look for points, ledges, and humps. If they have docks and brush near by, they are even better. As of last week I had still heard that the fish weren't in the brush piles yet like they normally are this time of year. They are scattered near by.

Again, this is what I've read and heard from some very respectable LOZ fisherman. My father-in-law is heading down to our place this weekend so I should have an update by early next week.

P.S. - 724Outdoors is a great reference for information on LOZ and other Midwest lakes. Be sure to check it out!

Paul

MOsmallies

I fished this past Sunday from about 730am to 1pm, around niangua branch and caught 10 bass and 4 keepers biggest was 17". Bite was decent but seemed like the fish were scattered in depth most on zoom watermelon char dead ringer, couple on war eagle spinners and one on a wiggle wart. Most all were halfway back in the coves an some on the points. Boat traffic was heavy as expected and it was HOT! Im not the most familiar with LOZ but had a blast. Good luck