Cabela's 50Th Yadda Rod

• Members

Bought a kayak and wanted a less expensive 2 pc. (not a fan of 4pc., sorry) 4wt rod to ride along while I get my kayak legs under me. I ordered the Cabela's 50th Anniversary Graphite, built by St Croix. It hasnt arrived yet, but I'm hoping someone might have some insight into it. I need a line and usually oversize by one to load a little faster. It's advertised as intermediate action, which I'm guessing was fast as hell the last time I bought a new rod.

Big Sugar Valley, MO

I would think intermediate would be more middle of the road, especially considering that Cabelas is trying to be period specific. Graphite's were just emerging 50 years ago and they wern't fast.

SA's GPX is sized a half weight larger and you might like it.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

• Members

I would think intermediate would be more middle of the road, especially considering that Cabelas is trying to be period specific. Graphite's were just emerging 50 years ago and they wern't fast.

SA's GPX is sized a half weight larger and you might like it.

I'm not sure what Cabela's was going for, but I received the rod the night before last and was disappointed in it. The grip was designed for those huge hands they had back then? I don't know. The snake guides and stripping guide were cheap and too small. Reel seat was too long. It had a nice rod tube..... I sent it back.

Big Sugar Valley, MO