Recent Reports From Hebron To Patrick

• Members

Hey everyone, just looking for a bit of info(feel free to pm me details if you want to keep it out of public view). We are headed down for a 2 day float starting Thursday. Any fishing reports anyone would be willing to share? Have never floated the river before, and curious about color selections. Will not be fly fishing, so spinning tackle only. Any help would be great! Thanks everyone,

Chris

• Members

Hey everyone, just looking for a bit of info(feel free to pm me details if you want to keep it out of public view). We are headed down for a 2 day float starting Thursday. Any fishing reports anyone would be willing to share? Have never floated the river before, and curious about color selections. Will not be fly fishing, so spinning tackle only. Any help would be great! Thanks everyone,

Chris

probably too late to help, but a two day fishing float from hebron to patrick is quite a long way. you will have to fish little and paddle a lot. you might cut that down some and take out at kelly ford if you like to focus on the bronzebacks, or put in at kelly and float to james in two days of hard fishing to focus on the trout. i dont know anything about spin tackle fishing.

Put in on Thursday at hebron at 9:15 took out at twin bridges at 5:15. River was up about 2-3 inches water color perfect. Never got out of my old town canoe. Fishing started slow picked up as the day wore on but, the pockets of fish were spotty. Maybe the reason for that is the smallies were schooled up and when you catch one the rest of the school were alerted to my presence. Biggest fish of the day was a 17incher. I caught 4-5 more in the 15- 16inch range. Lots of small fish, habitat on that stretch was perfect. My first time on that river and it won't be my last. Had visions of throwing big spinnerbaits and wiggle warts in the spring.

• Members

Was a good float---would agree that it would make a better 3 day float, but it is doable in 2. Put in Thursday right after the storms rolled through, made it a mile or two past Twin bridges before setting up camp for the night. The smallmouth were insane through that stretch. Couldn't make myself put down the Powerbait Ribbontail grub in Pumpkinseed w/ Orange tail because it was working so well....Survived the thunderstorms early Friday morning and got started again.....fishing was just as good on day 2....once we hit the trout section though---it just wasn't the same. All the action from the smallies had me spoiled.....needless to say, the trout didn't cooperate. Either way, stopped, fished, cooled off, shore lunch, and was at Patrick around 5:30-6ish. Word of advice for those floating from Twin Bridges----watch out for that tree! There is one there in a bend that is going to kill someone if it isn't claimed by the river soon or cut...."The Falls" didn't give me near the adrenaline rush that one tree did! Also, one lesson learned---2 adults, a dog, coolers, and camping gear is a little to much weight even for a 17' canoe for the upper portions of that float----drug bottom weigh too much. Day two was no where near as bad since many of the beverages had been consumed, and food, etc was depleted. Made for a much better float! Thanks to you guys for the responses, even if it was a bit too late. Oh, and yes, Can't wait to throw a wart through there too!