Li Report 8/28

Fished today around island area at gravel lot below dam. Water is still dirty but caught a decent number of fish. Nothing of any size though, all in 10-13" range plus a couple of 6" channel cats.

Here are some pics.

post-5931-13145850241694_thumb.jpg

post-5931-13145850821683_thumb.jpg

post-5931-13145851231857_thumb.jpg

post-5931-13145851451543_thumb.jpg

I'd drive the 7 hours round trip just to fish WAY better quality water and habitat but that's just me. It's good to see the trout r doing fine though. I think once it clears up, we will see the trout will be in above average shape. Usually big high water is good for tailwaters as it "flushes" out the system and normally will increase the biomass which in turn makes the fish really happy. At least that's what has happened at Taney and the White, although I don't think the high water helped the "low water habitat" much for Taney. Who knows...only time will tell.

Nice report!

Chance

...I'm haunted in my dreams of waters I have yet to fish and trout I have yet to catch...

Chasing the Dream...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd drive the 7 hours round trip just to fish WAY better quality water and habitat but that's just me. It's good to see the trout r doing fine though. I think once it clears up, we will see the trout will be in above average shape. Usually big high water is good for tailwaters as it "flushes" out the system and normally will increase the biomass which in turn makes the fish really happy. At least that's what has happened at Taney and the White, although I don't think the high water helped the "low water habitat" much for Taney. Who knows...only time will tell.

Nice report!

I agree. There are plenty of stained streams and rivers around that are easier to fish, but when I think of trout fishing I naturally think of clear water with great scenery! Right now, the LIR doesnt offer either one of those and until it does, Ill just keep fishing the Roaring River and the White below Beaver.

"The difference between fly fishers and worm dunkers is the quality of their excuses." -Anonymous

"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout." -by Paul O'Neil