Echo Ion 8Wt

Njardar

Received my Echo Ion 8wt, Echo Ion 6/7 reel loaded with Airflo Bass/Musky WF8F...man does that think cast well. It feels quite a bit different than my Echo2 4wt but practicing is going to be fun. All I did was yard cast with nothing on the end of the fly line but I can only imagine when there's leaader, tippit and a large fly on the end. :hope-my-fake-smile-works-again:

- Charlie

I have looked at the ION in the past and I am thinking of purchasing a 7 weight as I head into next year. Let me know how you like yours!

I got out on the boat this weekend and brought the rod with me. So while the wife read the Sunday paper I got to practice casting without worrying about trees and the like. First off, I'm new to casting an 8 wt, so distance casting is new to me. With that said it doesn't take much effort to cast a laser minnow. In fact with most casts the line would stop suddenly because I didn't have enough line out and the fly wanted to go further. Pulling a length of line, leader, tippet and fly out of the water to cast was pretty easy. I found the action slow enough (compared to my Echo 2 4wt) that it was easy to analyse casting problems and solve them. The best casts were the ones I didn't think about. I don't know if this helps you, but at the price point for the rod it is really hard to go wrong. I got mine on close out which made the decision a no brainer.

- Charlie